Bf 110 G MG 17 Armament Modification

Would you like to see this in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I would like to suggest the ability to change the 2x 30mm Mk 108 to the original armament of 4x 7,92 mm Mg 17 for the Bf 110 G-2 and G-4.

The Armarment for said planes was at the beginning the same as for every Bf 110 of 4x Mg 17 with 1000 rpg, only a bit later the armarment change module was issued for increased firepower for bomber hunting, the 4x Mg 17 module was also continued for a different roll, as its overall lighter, with better ballistics against light targets and infantry.

In game it would be also good to use, as not every one likes the 30mm Mk 108s for obvious reasons, beeing the relative low amount of ammo, fire rate and most importantly the horrible ballistics and velocity.

Espeically when the ability comes to the game to change the 20mm Mg 151/20 to 15mm Mg 151/15 for both internal and in the Gun pod, the 4x Mg 17 will be a great addition, duo to more similar ballistics, good firerate with good fire volume against smaller air targets as well as unarmored targets, while easiliy hitting with the full firepower (duo to similar ballistics). Also currently the Mk 108 lacks any form of penetration (it currently does not have P-T ammo with some penetration), as such the Mg 17 will also be usable in that form.

Pictures:(Click to show)

Source:

Bf 110 F und G Schusswaffenanlage

Screenshot 2024-07-26 130224

Messerschmitt Bf 110 Kampfflugzeuge der Deutschen Wehrmacht (JΓΌrgen Prommesberger)

4 Likes

+1 even if I personally prefer the twin 30mm, its good to reflect historical realities and modifications

1 Like

+1 not a very big deal in modelling but a great boost in both historical accuracy and in-game performance

1 Like

Nothing exceptional about this configuration especially since it will actually limit your choices of targets engagement, but I like the ability of multiple options for loadouts and the access to players of choosing whatever anyone wants, even if the loadout is more niche/peculiar to a mission role.

1 Like

rather see it as a separate early version of the bf110g2

I like how the MG 151s are just aimed into space.

And then they use the 7.92mm Ball ammo and the 20mm Practice shell w/o tracer, which have completely different ballistics to the service ammo, for aim adjustments πŸ˜‚

Idk, what they were thinking at the time πŸ˜…

Perhaps when intended to have the 15mm barrles they change that, but here marked is merly the different ballistic path, i suppose, otherwise it would be kind of useless?

Unless they planned to attack bombers at 800-1000m range.

Particular at night, it would be hard for defensive gunners to hit a target at that range or even see it before the plane opened fire.

Then again, against 7.7mm MGs the Bf 110 has enough armor and firepower to easily take out bombers at 500m.

wonder if they ever fitted the 13mm mg131 into the nose of the bf110

Not that i know of.