Best, medium HOTAS setup

Recently I thought about buying a setup for aircraft simulation like MSFS and I was almost sure of the setup I was willing to buy (non-Hotas). But then some of my friends in college introduced me to War Thunder and DCS and they are really good, though difficult with keyboard and mouse…

One of my friends borrowed me a T16000m TCS Joystick and it is way better than keyboard and mouse. So I noticed that if I needed to buy HOTAS.

I have some options in mind, I don’t want to spend more than 300 euros. I can get a Thrustmaster T16000m setup with throttle, joystick and rudder pedals but I don’t really like the throttle. They recommended me the VKB Gladiator for the joystick but I still need a compatible throttle. Depending on the joystick I think the rudders are not needed I think.

Let me know your opinions or if you have answered it anywhere. I will still search though.
Apreciate the help!

The lower cost LogiTech ones are quite good, i havr had mine in regular use for 8 months and have yet to find any major flaws.

I use a 36$ Logitech Extreme 3D pro, has served me well, and has lots of customization buttons. I plan on upgrading to a X56 HOTAS eventually.

VKB STECS pairs with the Gladiator NXT nicely.

Much better than anything Logitech makes. If you don’t want to spend that much, Thrustmaster TWCS works fine

Personally i use the logitech X56 and Logitech G Flight pedals, they can be a bit more on the expensive side but offer way more comfort and quality in my opinion

Plus if you can buy secondhad from a good retailer like CEX in the uk then you can effectively get the same product for sometimes half the price, thats what I did and only spent around £200 on my setup, plus like £10 more for a webcam to have headtracking with Opentrack

I bought the Logitech X56 HOTAS and the Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals from Amazon. I paid £300 for those and an extra £30 for a powered USB hub to fix the ghost input issue with the X56. Although a bit more than you want to spend I would defnitely recommend those. They may not be as good as some other options but they are definitely worth it for me.

The X56 has been pretty good for me the only problem with them is the ghost input issue but it was easily fixed by using a powered USB hub

Is yours the new or old gen? Or do they have different codes, like X54/2?

I think it’s new gen, the old ones were Saitek and had blue markings on them. The one I have is all black.

1 Like