BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

GR.7 too

GR.7 does have the larger reinforced wings though… whether that’d make a difference idk.

Just played the FRS.1 for the first time in a long time.

Despite being my fave jet, and most played in WT, I remember why I stopped.

9L’s being borked into the ground.

You even fart infront of a 9L and it changes target.

Aim9L: Oooooo Hot afterburner plume? Nah, fart for me.

Not to mention that because its exhaust is hotter than two afterburning J85’s you are never going to flare away a AIM-9L yourself.

2 Likes

Yep, Gaijin really needs to model afterburner plumes as IR signatures.

On the topic of the J85.
Engine temps being too low in the game is ‘not a bug’

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XA4uTA29qiaR

1 Like

So the internal temperature of an engine is apparently equal to the temperature of the flaming hot fire that’s coming out of the back. Very cool Gayjin.

3 Likes

Gets told it’s wrong by two very accurate sources but it’s Jen gets told they will stick with the less accurate but more universal temp. I get it for balance but the f5 isn’t really all that balanced and having hotter engines might help with that. Especially when they decided to give the f5c 120faltes it never got but the gr 1 still can’t hold flares when later vareints could….

2 Likes

That’s pretty much how gaijin model engine temps and IR signatures…on how hot the needle goes on the engine temp gauge in the cockpit…

Despite all jet engines having their temperatures measured in different places on the engine.

Good example would be two engines that produce the same exhaust gas temperature, but the aircraft they’re mounted on, take the temperature reading from different places. One takes an EGT reading, while the other takes it from the turbine inlet.

One of those planes, according to Gaijin, runs hotter and produces a higher IR Signature, despite them both being the same engine, and running at exact temps.

But yeah, the biggest issue, as you said, big hot flame coming out the back, that can be double the engine temp, is equal to what the needle shows in the cockpit…

My whole reason for digging into engine temps was to find out why I struggled to lock F5s unless I was in close range.

Like I can lock an A6 at 4+ miles in side aspect.

But an afterburner F5? Gotta get within 1 to 1.5 miles.

Oh yeah it’s pretty difficult if not impossible to lock an F-5 from anything other than the rear aspect, and even that can be a nightmare. I’ve straight up failed to lock one on Burner 0.6km ahead of me with an SRAAM.

1 Like

I was gonna say whilst i’ve been using SRAAM’s grinding the Hunter F.6 the things just will not lock F-5C’s. SRAAM’s don’t even like locking in side aspect (which is bullshit but not relevant here) but against F-5C’s you have better luck locking their burning corpse than their engines in full burner.

1 Like

Ruins a whole BR range, change my mind.

11 Likes

Pin by Madzie on Memes | Memes, World languages, Language

1 Like

its the bane of my existence at 10.3 and 11.3

1 Like

Oh greatest Gunjob.

Can this be reviewed?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/XA4uTA29qiaR

Oh yes. I hate playing it as its such a ratty vehicle and it just feels… unrewarding.

No, DB has given the correct answer there.

Me hunting them down in my ariete as they complain how broken my jet is…. Kettle calling the pot black or however it goes.

4 Likes

Not an issue of whether it fits the policy, but of the policy itself being flawed.

Comes up a lot for the F3. But does the Sea Harrier FA2 have Data-link with its AMRAAM?