BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Ahh nice I did hear it was WIP, didn’t want to say in case it didn’t make it in time.

In all her glory;

2 Likes

Very nice, Has there been any word on the cockpit HUD for it as well?

No updates on a new HUD yet.

1 Like

Trying to think of it should have a radar lead indicator like other jets now do. Will have to check when I get home.

1 Like

Shoot me the link to the report when you do, I’ll get it moved along.

1 Like

With how hard I tend to find the 30mm ADENs (and I dont think im the only one) then it would be a decently sized buff I reckon.

1 Like

I suspect it did do lead computation, but so far only got one secondary source implying so. The report I have on HUD development was written before they did the gunsight bit.

2 Likes

RWR in cockpit works now

2 Likes

And it looks like you have a quest 😛

1 Like

Yes dying to constant up tiers against Mig23s while being stock XD

1 Like

But at least it has IFF now, yes?

Should do… not actually tested it yet
Screenshot 2023-09-19 125500

1 Like

Splendid!

So Shar is finally cleared for Sim EC…

Indeed it is, just need to wait for them finish the Cockpit HUD. the actual HUD shared by Flame would be awesome, should display radar target in the HUD. But with the lack of playable EC9 aircraft, FRS1 is probably going to be my home for a while

Should only take 6 to 9 months

Well, that sure would be nice - but even more I’d love them to see fix velocity vectors on HUD’s in general, as not a single one is doing what it is supposed to in WT…

Yeah that would be good

First bug potentially found:

3/4 Aim-9Ls, fired just fine and worked like a treat. Missile 4 on the other hand. Would NOT arm. No matter what I did or tried. Shall keep an eye out for it doing it again before officially reporting (in case it was SB just being SB) but figured it was best to share so others can keep an eye out too

Delete the loadout and recreate it.

Thank you, shall give it a go. Tested in a custom battle and all 4 fired just fine, so not entirely sure, but shall do that as well.

(though with the new mutli-role default loadouts, I dont actually need a custom loadout anymore)