BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

I might get in contact with him, cheers.

America never used counter measures on their F-5Cs either to my knowledge, but they get them because the Chinese fitted them to a 5A at a later date.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest the British harriers were not capable of having the same modification as the US harriers. The reason they don’t get them in game is because they are in the wrong nations tree.

1 Like

Sounds interesting, but if it’s still classified GJN will turn a blind eye to it.

Would most of it still be classified, even if it went out of service 17 years ago?

Cant be much secret tech on it compared to whats in service today

I think the documents need to be older than 30 years, and they need to not be export restricted. Doesn’t matter if the files can be found as the first result in google, GJN will refuse to use it as a source unless it fits their current agenda.

It will be refused on legal grounds. As a company Gaijin cannot be handling documents with a questionable origin. It’s not only illegal for them to do so but also regular users who are handling these documents. There is no agenda.

If anyone is unclear on the policy it can be found here. Source Material: Restrictions on Classified and Export Restricted information (“Military Restrictions”)

2 Likes

Though the information revealed in his book alone would probably be enough for most of what is needed. Im sure a few minor specifics wouldnt hurt here or there and im guessing the information needed for WT would alreayd be public record, if you know where to look. The issue with the manuals would be the information NOT needed for WT

No one mentioned anything about handling documents. GJN doesn’t have to handle something “illegal” from google, to make changes to vehicles in game. There is absolutely no way anyone could prove where they sourced their information for a given change.

You’re perfectly entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that decisions seem to be made and then evidence which backs it is used, and contradictory evidence ignored. I perfectly understand that some decisions like this need to be made for balancing purposes. But the lack of transparency in this process, along with the absolute ludicrous balancing choices for some vehicles (Kamov helicopters, T-80BVM, 2S38 etc) leads me to believe there are angles aside from good gameplay balance.

1 Like

They’ll probably say his book isn’t a good enough source, unfortunately. I’ve seen them disregard first hand accounts from British pilots on other issues.

1 Like

Gayjen when???

Spoiler

images-31

What in the Snail God’s name is THAT?!?

1 Like

A noncredible Sea Harrier haha.

1 Like

I was looking some photos of the FA.2, ended up finding that which is a Sea Harrier FA.4 lol

There’s even the FA.5

Spoiler

images-32

They are mods for a sim called Third Wire, haven’t heard of it before

That is some fantasy Ace Combat level stuff haha.

1 Like

A man can dream lmao

Spoiler

Oh my… Imma stop here…

1 Like

Any idea when Gaijins going to fix the 9L’s flare resistance?

1 Like

No updates, if I had something on that you can be sure I’d let the community know haha.

1 Like

Fair enough

One thing that continually annoys me, is my 9L doing it own thing when the enemy sneezes infront of it…whilst im getting killed by earlier 9’s that ignore my flares.

Im a non afterburning jet, dumping reinforced flares…and they still ignore them and kill me.

That’s the worst part about the current 9Ls, they aren’t predictable, whether or not they track a target is based purely on the roll of a D20. I’ve seen 9Ls ignore flares and pull off impossible shots and then be immediately followed by one going for a flare even when it should not. They are totally randomly

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed my L’s started to lock random patches of air around the target too