BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

For the FA.2, I fear they’ll add it with 2x 9Ls as the starter load and the 9M as a research.

I was hoping for 2x 9M as starter load with 4x9M as a modification.

Wishlist for the Squad FRS.1
Proper HUD
Upgraded RWR
And maybe 9Ms when we get a BR Decompression, so it can go up in BR but not face current too tier jets.

3 Likes

Speaking of the FRS.1: Is the loadout with 4x 9L and 4x 1’000-pounders (on dual racks) actually realistic?

It looks like the “inner” Sidewinder’s wings would clip through the “outer” bombs when fired…

Also, why did the FA.2 not have the possibility to carry 4x 1’000-pounders on dual racks on the inner pylons? At least according to the weapon configuration schematic posted above by @Mytho-GR1

The twin bomb pylons can be adjusted to closer to the fuselage and not clip. Just hasn’t been done to the model.

1 Like

Ah I see.

Also assumed it’s a model issue. Like the Hunter F.Mk.58, where the outer pylons are actually modelled in the wrong position : Hunter F.Mk.58 - Wrong position of outer pylon // Gaijin.net // Issues

Yeah just isn’t worth the effort to change for one aircraft and one specific loadout.

The UK simply stopped using the dual stores carriers before the FA.2 was in service.

2 Likes

That, and I believe at the time, it was standard for RAF GR Marks of Harriers to deploy onboard carriers with the Fleet Air Arm. So all mud moving work was left to them, with the FA.2s purely in air to air / fleet defense roles.

2 Likes

I’ve never managed to get the dev server to work for me, but if the FA.2 is there, I’ll have to give it another crack.

I know its a model, but, gib.

Imgur

2 Likes

My friends the SHar 2 is here as well as a new Tornado!!!

Shouldnt the SHAR FA2 be more so noted as a Fighter over strike aircraft? I know, “it could do some ground attack” but so can phantoms and they class as fighters.

Also dont remember but doesnt the plane classification have links to spawn point cost in GRB? Might be a useful thing to look at.

3 Likes

Maybe on the SP cost. But not enough I’ve ever noticed

Yeah, FA2 should probably be fighter not strike. FRS1 was debatable, but FA2 no doubt imo

I always thought that there was a mechanic in the game where if you spawn an attacker in, all attackers SP goes up, but doesnt effect fighter SP. (also thought bombs on a fighter were cheaper though prob wrong on that)

Could be wrong ofc.

I think that is the case. Not sure about bomb cost, but the rest yes I think.

Just I’ve been playing 10.3 a lot recently. So FRS1, Buc S2B and Gr1A.

So won’t notice the difference in SP cost

Didn’t see an option to run BOL+AMRAAM, would it be possible to report or is it going to be a case of “it was never done so it’s not an option in-game?”

There is already a report in for the CRL/BOL for FA.2

6 Likes

Shame no drop tanks…I know they aren’t “needed” but there was hope

I wonder the FRS1 is getting any love this update

1 Like

If it’s approved then I might grind the SHar first… I’m not sure yet, lower BR than tornado but less capable overall

1 Like

How do I get on the Dev server? I clicked “Use ‘Work in Progress’ client” but logged in on the main game

https://wiki.warthunder.com/DEV-Server

4 Likes