BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

That set-up would give you 1x BOL as well.

What assymetry we are allowed on the belly is gunna be the first thing I check (or ask one of you to check if I dont install dev server)

1 Like

Its really gunna depend on BR.

It might necessary for anyone in Sim, because dealing with Su-39s is a pain without a gun

I reckon it will be similar to Italian AV-8B+ except it will be two guns
I honestly do not see why mixed load like (2x Sidewinder - Gunpod - AMRAAM - AMRAAM) shouldn’t be possible… Unless there are limitations I am not aware of (British Harriers aren’t really my cup of tea and even with US ones I got limited knowledge at best)

4 sidewinder 2 AMRAAMS no guns

The gun pods take the same space as the belly AMRAAMS

For the FA2

You can’t take only one gun?

Declassified

1 Like

I guess we’ll see how it will be handled on dev server later this week

The question is gunna be, can you swap out just 1 gunpod for an AMRAAM but leave the other. Being ejection rails, its possible.

2 Likes

It’ll be cool to see how the the ejector rails work on the Dev server. “To be or Not to be.
That is the question”

For the FA.2, I fear they’ll add it with 2x 9Ls as the starter load and the 9M as a research.

I was hoping for 2x 9M as starter load with 4x9M as a modification.

Wishlist for the Squad FRS.1
Proper HUD
Upgraded RWR
And maybe 9Ms when we get a BR Decompression, so it can go up in BR but not face current too tier jets.

3 Likes

Speaking of the FRS.1: Is the loadout with 4x 9L and 4x 1’000-pounders (on dual racks) actually realistic?

It looks like the “inner” Sidewinder’s wings would clip through the “outer” bombs when fired…

Also, why did the FA.2 not have the possibility to carry 4x 1’000-pounders on dual racks on the inner pylons? At least according to the weapon configuration schematic posted above by @Mytho-GR1

The twin bomb pylons can be adjusted to closer to the fuselage and not clip. Just hasn’t been done to the model.

1 Like

Ah I see.

Also assumed it’s a model issue. Like the Hunter F.Mk.58, where the outer pylons are actually modelled in the wrong position : Hunter F.Mk.58 - Wrong position of outer pylon // Gaijin.net // Issues

Yeah just isn’t worth the effort to change for one aircraft and one specific loadout.

The UK simply stopped using the dual stores carriers before the FA.2 was in service.

2 Likes

That, and I believe at the time, it was standard for RAF GR Marks of Harriers to deploy onboard carriers with the Fleet Air Arm. So all mud moving work was left to them, with the FA.2s purely in air to air / fleet defense roles.

2 Likes

I’ve never managed to get the dev server to work for me, but if the FA.2 is there, I’ll have to give it another crack.

I know its a model, but, gib.

Imgur

2 Likes

My friends the SHar 2 is here as well as a new Tornado!!!

Shouldnt the SHAR FA2 be more so noted as a Fighter over strike aircraft? I know, “it could do some ground attack” but so can phantoms and they class as fighters.

Also dont remember but doesnt the plane classification have links to spawn point cost in GRB? Might be a useful thing to look at.

3 Likes