Atlas Cheetah E

Giving up what exactly?
I don’t really care regarding the placement of Cheetah as long as it comes to the game as I mentioned before.

Very good of you to link that post. It certainly is a deviations from earlier ones.
Some vehicles might end up in very strange situations of course.

I understand connecting it to Israel and France by it’s historical relevance but if it’s South African it should be in the British TT. Especially considering the AML-90 is already there so French vehicles in the British TT via the SA subtree is already a thing. As for whether it could go to Israel it could serve as a premium or higher tier squadron vehicle as an additional option to the British TT.

1 Like

For an addition into the Isreali tree I’d recommend Chile’s similar ENAER Pantera (Mirage 50’s modernized for Chile by IAI), or the actual Cheetah E’s they purchased - as spare parts sources however, not as service aircraft

ENAER Pantera

2 Likes

+1 not sure about placement but either way great suggestion

I think that Great Britain should keep everything related to South Africa since they already have a sub tree within the game. If Israel wants a plane with similar characteristics, they have the Mirage 50CN Pantera from Chile, which has a better engine and more weapons (Python 3, LGB Griffin) than the Atlas Cheetah. And in the same way it was modified between Chile and Israel.

10 Likes

It’s easy,

Q. Could you clarify if it’s possible we will see South African Aircraft in the British tree too now that they have ground forces within their tree? Currently there is only the Rhodesian Hunter as a premium aircraft.

• The British aircraft research tree is already quite representative (five lines as opposed to four in ground vehicles tree before South Africa was introduced). South African aircraft may be added in another capacity - as a premium or event and squadron vehicles.
1 Like

It is not a South African vehicle, it is french-israelian.

Since it is operated by South Africa, belongs to UK TT.

2 Likes

Pantera could easily be in the French tech tree as well. Further Kfir variants easily are enough for the Israeli tech tree.

With the South African Gripen C confirmed for the UK tree, it is to be expected that the Cheetah would be added to the same tree. Hope it gets passed to the devs soon!

11 Likes

Would still love to see a Air sub tree with mirage CZ mirage F1AZ and Cheetah in Brittish Tech Tree :) think it would complement the Brits in that BRs :)

1 Like

I agree, Britain has no dedicated fighters between 9.7 and 11.3 and the Hunter F.6 and FG Phantoms both have huge weaknesses, so particularly the Cheetah’s could provide a much needed alternative to the current options.

As for the argument that the UK tree is too big, lots of it is minor upgrades and could be foldered to become 4 lines plus a South African line, or they could simply add those vehicles in where they would be convenient such as having the Cheetah’s foldered with one another before the FGR.2 and if we were to get an Mirage F1, then that could go after the Buccaneer nicely as a strike platform.

2 Likes

Currently there are South African and Australian aircraft embedded into the British tree, rather than a dedicated sub-tree. I see no reason to change this method.

The main issue with creating a line for South Africa is the lower ranks. Not particularly due to lack of South African aircraft (planes like the Hurricane, Shackleton, Vampire, etc. fill out Ranks I-V pretty nicely even if they are mostly copy paste) but because Britain has too many aircraft in that area to effectively condense to four tech lines. Trust me, I tried it as a thought exercise making an extended tree. It’s impossible with having folders of 4 or 5 aircraft, which I don’t think Gaijin is particularly keen on based on the way the tech trees are organized right now.

Of course, I’m a fan of inserting ZA vehicles into lines as one-off researchables, and that’s where I think South African jets would do the best.

6 Likes

@Headnaught @bristrees Yes, I think the better option would be to just put them in the tree where they would fit like this perhaps:

As the options exist I think they’d be good to supplement the British tree particularly for some fighters between 9.7 and 11.3 which I think the cheetah with Python 3’s would do an excellent job at 10.7/11.0

1 Like

South African vehicle that needs to fall in the South African sub-tree under Great Britain.

1 Like

I think it might be possible to do a combined CAN/AUS/SAF line consisting almost entirely of unique aircraft and modifications. Don’t know how exactly to integrate it into the overall tree but you could see stuff like:

• CA-15 Kangaroo at rank 4
  • CF-100 Canuck at rank 5
  • CAC-27 Sabre at rank 5 or 6
  • A-4K (Kiwi Skyhawk) at rank 6
  • Mirage IIIC South African (or Australian, IDK which one is more unique) at rank 7
  • ALTERNATIVE: F-111C of Australia at rank 7
  • Atlas Cheetah at rank 7
  • JAS39C at rank 8
  • CF-18 Hornet at rank 8
4 Likes

Wirraway Mk I and Ca-10A Wirraway Mk III at tier 1
Both Boomerangs and Ca-4 at tier 2
Ca-11A, Ca-14 and Ca-14A at tier 3.
Cf-105 at tier 6.

I don’t think a full sub-tree will happen sadly, but lets hope for these vehicles to all appear one way or another.

2 Likes

British tech tree, as the SA Gripen. That would be great

3 Likes

Now that we have a South African Gripen, this would be a lovely addition to the British air tree