Atlas Cheetah C - "Swartkop Sprinter"

R-Darter being on the dev server is interesting as this aircraft is the only historical user of that missile. I can imagine one of three things happening:

1. The R-Darter gets added to the existing JAS39C for South Africa
  2. The R-Darter gets added along with the Cheetah C
  3. The R-Darter will not be added, AMRAAM will be the UK’s active radar missile come June

Idle speculation isn’t going to get very far so the best we can do is wait for the next major update and see what happens. Still, that’s one major barrier to the plane’s addition down!

6 Likes

This thing with the R-Darter would be amazing, +1 from me

1 Like

Would the Swedish Gripen C recieve the R-Darter alongside RB99 or would it just get the RB?

we have no clue

I have no idea

I’m wondering Cheetah C better Cheetah D or Cheetah D better Cheetah C 🐆

2 Likes

The C i think is the best for air to air

1 Like

The Cheetah D is the two seat trainer version of the Cheetah E, capability wise it’s better than the E due to the upgrades it got in service but the Cheetah C is still the best.

3 Likes

It’s possible but unlikely, they’re probably more likely to get AMRAAM

What about the Super Cheetah D can’t that carry R-Darter

Edit: not that I’m complaining the C is my fav over D & E

1 Like

Theoretically anything could carry R-Darter, even without a radar, as long as it was integrated. I don’t believe that ever happened though, AFAIK Cheetah D only had short range IR missiles (V3C/V3D/V3S).

2 Likes

What about A-Darter for Super Cheetah D

Excellent suggestion, it would be great to have the cousins ​​of the Kfir, the Cheetah and the Pantera, just as information I want to correct the detail in the comparative table where it is mentioned that the Pantera can only carry 2 air-to-air missiles, here I leave a couple of photos with 4 Python 3 missiles and 2 LGB Griffin.

5 Likes

+1 would be researchable tree at 12.7 BR before JAS39 Gripen C

Meh

+1 Very nice

+1 would be nice to see more of a SA air tree given the gripen in uk tree

2 Likes

12.7 might be a bit too far, but 12.3 would work

5 R darter would be nice at 12.3

Or 3 plus 2 kukris

i think it had the A darter not the R