Argentine F-16AM/BM for Germany

What point? You claimed the JAS39’s AIM-120As are fictional, one of its historical weapons that was domestically produced was an AIM-120B.

It matters not whether or not that nation has personally ordered them. At that point it’s personal preference and comes down to “do we want something unique?”, but if an F-16AM has fielded some sort of technology and is proven to be on that model, it can be added despite the nation’s livery that it bares. An F-16C can use a Sniper pod, though another nation may have never ordered that TGP specifically, and that nation’s F-16 may have the possibility of being added with the Sniper.
I find it a little absurd to cherry-pick munitions of a nation when one aircraft (such as America’s F-16) has liveries and historical camouflages belonging to other nations.

Again, I don’t see the relevance in this. Simply because South Africa did not order and field R-Darters does not mean the JAS39C in the British tree is entirely exempt from using them. Unless the variant is a downgraded variant, in such a case as the MiG-29 with downgraded radars / avionics disallowing better munitions, it should absolutely have access to it. The South African JAS39C does not lack the capability to field the AIM-120A, nor does South Africa’s lack the ability to field the R-Darter.
As for the 9Ms, although it’s possible to arm it with it, no variant of JAS39 has ever used it unlike with the AIM-120A and R-Darter. I feel an equivalent AIM-9L variant would suffice, as it has similar capabilities and is genuinely realistic to the airframe.

AIM-120As being mounted on JAS39s is entirely fictional. It has never happened. These are true statements.
Their mounting on the F-16BM would be equally fictional. But both are possible and generally good for balancing purposes so both are acceptable despite their fictional nature.

What part of that do you not understand?

1 Like

Two of the images sent are AIM-120Bs. To say it’s fictional is laughable when the domestic RB-99 is a 120B.

120B. Not 120A. Swedish. Not Hungarian nor South African. It’s fictional.

JAS39 Gripen E mounted AIM-120C-8 AMRAAM

Gripen C from Hungarian, Czech and Thailand launched AIM-120C-5 except South Africa & Swedish

Gripen C/D from swedish air force never deployed AIM-120C before upgraded to MS20 standard

Next year Rb 74(M) & AIM-9M replace by IRIS-T (Rb 98) for Gripen C (SAAF & Swedish) ?

I want gajin add AIM-120C-5 to replace AIM-120A on Gripen C (HuAF) for dev server

120B and 120A are identical, and it’s widely known that the JAS39 is capable of firing the AIM-120B. The best that could happen here is a name change.

Massive +1, Germany needs this.

France is getting both the best overall top tier jet this patch (Mirage 2K-5F) and the best F-16 ingame (F-16AM) and they’ll still cry about how much gaijin “hates” their nation lmao

That being said, im partially against the addition of the F-16 for germany, as it would juat lead to more problems in sim. Id much rather see the IRIS-T added to the F-4F ICE, as it did use them irl.

Imo the F-4F ICE, even with AIM-9L(i) doeant belong any higher than 12.3.

2 Likes

We should be getting the Dutch but nope France needs 3 nations as a sub tech tree. (Those 3 nations combined would be a bigger tech tree than the Israeli tech tree).

2 Likes

I’ll say it again

Where is the historical accuracy benefiting Germany? because I see German tigers facing post-war vehicles with HEAT and impractical prototypes of dubious real reliability, with great features in the game.

Gaijin: If we are going to be historically accurate, put my tigers and panthers against the M4A1 shermans and the 1943 T-34s… or give me a fu**** 4th gen plane with amraam.

2 Likes