An Insight on Gripen's capabilities

don’t get me wrong, but in a air-to-air scenario only the amraam is relevant (forget the IRIS-T, i don’t think they’ll be added in the short term), and gripen-A is slightly lighter so in terms of raw flight performance the A will be better.

1 Like

If theyre so similar why couldnt they just add the c then?

1 Like

I Guess they want to give the A to sweden, then a premium and the C, so sweden can keep a Gripen with only aim-9M and skyflash and another with aim-120

2 Likes

Edit: I was a bit harsh on the fellow who created the thread. I’m just tired and illiterate.

Yeah, mate has said a lot of big words with what appears to be minimum regard for the reality of it. Ignoring the fact that 9Gs is in ordinary flight, and 12G limit can be swapped to in the event it is required. The flight model is arguably the most accurate in the game, once the canards are fixed.

Because again, Gaijin go with a G limit of 1.5x

1 Like

They could add both at the same time as they did with the f16a in the american tree

I’m not saying they shouldn’t, I’m trying to understand what’s gaijin Plan on that, at the end of the day, we can Just give a feedback

who knows really

Are you talking about some specific CC?

The person who started this thread in this case. They are ignoring multiple features of the Gripen to make it seem only vaguely good, instead of the engineering masterpiece that it is.

But I have taken shots at a particular American content creator for leading to the bullshit that is people trying to get the Gripen nerfed from a state of notable accuracy in the past.

Have you actually read the whole topic? I’m the Person Who started the thread and i’m trying to point out that what some CCs and community members Say about the Gripen Is wrong. I would appreciate if you could read the topic instead of throwing hands without taking time to actually comprehend a text. I’m saying that all the people asking for the Nerf are utterly delusional and wrong, because the Gripen Is no short of the capabilities in rate fight to beat an F-16

1 Like

I focused on the Flight performance more than all the electronics suite and weapon/navigating capabilities; since that was the talking point

OP literally made this thread in defence of gripen against overperformance accusations

1 Like

Not sure what “big words” with “minimum regard to the reality of It” you are referring to, but if you think i made mistakes please correct me, i Just want the Gripen not to get nerfed by the angry mob of fanboys that hate it

5 Likes

I have read your topic. You say a lot of big words, ignore the fact that 9Gs is the minimum G limit, and seem intent on bringing it to a state lower than it is. The flight performance is pretty much on point, relative to the state of other aircraft in game. I am struggling to read it as the presentation is a large box of text in many cases and I struggle with tracking what sentence I’m on, so if I’m wrong in my assessment then I’ll happily walk that back.

But 9Gs ain’t the limit of the Gripen in a combat setting. It is 12. Which Gaijin will do at 1.5x like every other aircraft. So the Gripen is performing exactly as one should expect in the state of the game, it is not overperforming (FOR THE GAME) and the only real problem with the flight model is canards causing very strange maneuvers that are outside of what should be expected.

I do apologise if I got your intentions wrong, just been dealing with the outcome of people pretending to know stuff (Lee) then arguing for worse performance. Which appeared to be what you were going for in the start. Relative to everything else in the game, Gripen has a flight model we should expect.

3 Likes

My point was to show that the Gripen irl Is more than capable to defeat F-16s, as stated by the pilot. The 9G sustained turn Is to show that the Gripen being a delta canard is not a bad ratefighter, quite the opposite and i picked 9G because that’s what It Is shown in the video and that’s what americans Parise the F-16 for as the best ratefighter. The “big words” i Said are aerodynamics and Flight mechanicas concepts and i tried to keep them as comprehensible as possible, I apologize if i wasn’t able to

5 Likes

I made the post actually to prove those people wrong using their own claims and the data they used and found online

1 Like

Then fair enough. Just thought you were trying to screw it and doing the “Big words mean you should listen to me” crap we got from a lot of the yanks. If the data’s just what they got to show them wrong, fair enough. I personally would appreciate we highlight the 12g before the post is used to argue it is overperforming G wise, but other than that good work. Sorry about getting snappy.

I am a bit tired from trying to defend the plane so I did jump to assumptions, my bad.

3 Likes

To clear any doubt, my post aims to Say "the Gripen doesn’t overperform for the game and a nerf based on the document Someone posted and the consequent angry mob of fanboys Is not accettabile; they “issues” a proof that states nothing for whoever Is into aerodynamics and Flight performance, because not only doesn’t show any graph (shocking for them, the performance Is not constant through altitude, Speed and temperature) and neither they state the load those tests were conducted in or the engine Power

2 Likes

Dw, i understand you, I Always try to achieve balance and realism as far game concerns, unfortunately most people Just want to play Easy mode, because in their Dreams and pub-talks, tales are told about out of this world performances and capabilities to fuel their nationalism’s ego

2 Likes

The Gripen have a soft stop that gives you 9g, and 12g if you keep pulling until the hard stop.

Timestamped:

1 Like