AMX A-1A at 11.3 is DOA

Unfortunately this thing, with worse guns then its TT sister (2 DEFA cannons vs TT vulcan) and only 2 missiles that are basically a higher G side grade of the Aim-9L just gets eaten alive.

I do not understand why its br is higher in both Air RB and Ground RB. None of its weaponry in both ground or air is “better” enough to warrant the increase.

3 Likes

Gaijin thinks that it’s much better than the regular AMX.
For GRB it’s a combination of better thermals pod (Litening II instead of CLDP) and DEFA cannons (yeah, sure cannons matter so much at this br XD).
On the other hand the same difference in thermals doesn’t make Italian and German Tornado IDS GRB brs different.
For ARB MAA-1 is certainly overrated by Gaijin, it’s more of a sidegrade to AIM-9L + they again think that DEFA make a lot of difference at this br…

Btw their answer (10:55):

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/_diY6CweSh8?si=vPxZwo3EMTzw1L1d&t=10m58s

PS look at the difference between F-104G and F-104S brs in GRB

1 Like

How is a 45g overload a sidegrade

Because it works much worse on distance compared to AIM-9L, it feels like better R-60M.

Thats so wild.

How anyone could think 2 DEFA cannons with slower rounds are in any way better then a Vulcan lol.

And yeah the MAA-1 is just a higher G Aim-9L, its just as flare hungry and short range.

They both have laser guided bombs, with the tech tree version even having better ones.

Becuase like i said, its just a Higher G Aim-9L. It performs exactly the same, exactly as flare hungry, and shorter range.

So a higher G sidegrade.

Still love the muzzle that programs Ahead on the cv9035 and yet its not there in game lmao. So many things wrong with that thing. Wonder if we will see some cool Benelux tanks in the future also. Also is the thermal pod on the prem AMX really the bug reason why theybare different BR’s? Idk just seems weird.

AAM-1 is surely a crazy maneuverable missile but what kills it is a few Flare salvos,

But doesn’t means it is bad in any way, depending on how the player shoots the salvos:

I was reading through a topic and watching a video where a FIM-92E destroys a Su-25K, which both in-game and in real life are a very durable vehicle meant for combat where the allies doesn’t detain the air superiority,

About the behavior of the missile hitting and destroying the Su-25K was purely how the player shoot it, if you just drop some Flares and keep flying forward there’s a high chance that the missile keeps on the lock into the original target and ignoring the Flares,

In this case of a vehicle with low firing rate like most Russian planes but with powerful per unit salvo (high caliber) you need to drop the salvos and then quickly turn the vehicle in a attempt to hide the heat source and make the missile locks into the Flares.

Things that people doesn’t consider about the AAM-1, just underestimate it as it’s Flareable as we can say.

A-1A it’s a good vehicle that only loses in air performance compared to other vehicles in its BR, specially in the sustainability, the plane can easily rip off own wings when in a extreme G overload.

But comparing it to the AMX, the only thing I think it’s better is the primary weapon: the Vulcan rotatory gun, with the projectiles leaving from a single point makes it a bit more accurate and doesn’t need to the player to adjust for both weapons.

But this is just personal preferences, A-1A in general only works in CAS. So I think you should give a preference to the F-104 than the A-1A.

It seems Gaijin thinks so.
Though I won’t argue for me Litening on premium AMX is way more comfortable.
I had a lot of nice games in A-1A at 11.3 (GRB), on the other hand it was more about enemy not spawning any dangerous SAMs, than the plane itself.