AMX A-1 | 11.3 is a very high BR for this aircraft

I bought the AMX A-1 in the 50% bundle to play with my Italian lineup. I haven’t played Ground RB yet, but I tried playing in Air RB mode and it’s terrifying to enter a match at 11.3 facing F-14s, Mirages, F-4s, and other aircraft of that quality. The British lineup has the Harrier, like the FR1 that carries 2x AIM-9Ls and the squadron’s FRS 1 with 4x AIM-9Ls, and they’re at 10.3. Even the AMX in the tech tree is 10.7. How can this subsonic aircraft, which cannot even reach any base in the match and only has 2 missiles equivalent to the AIM-9L, have such a high BR in air battles

4 Likes

FRS1e is 10.7 these days and the FRS1 is 11.3 (though should be 11.0)

But yes, based upon what I know about the Premium AMX. 10.7 would be reasonable for it. No idea why its higher other than Gaijin hate selling it?

3 Likes

Maybe if you try to use it as CAS on GRB, you may find some good results, overall, it’s not good obviously at ARB, counterparts (A-10, Su-25) can do some job on ARB because they’re on lower BR, has armor and better ordinances.

The only good reason I see Gaijin keeping this BR difference is the ordinances: LIGHTENING II and 4 Tracked TV Bombs

1 Like

It has only one guided bombs loadout of 6 renamed GBU-12 (Lizard-2).
Although it’s the best one anyway and other (GBU-16 and GBU-24 of regular AMX are less useful imo). I enjoyed premium AMX a lot especially when I got into battles against premium teams (Click-baits and etc) without SAMs or 2S6/ADATS at max, but when I had enemy Pantsir, ITO or FlaRakRad, I prefered to just use unguided rockets launchers in surprise attack, because for these SAMs you are just a target practice.
Litening 2 makes a lot of difference and after you play with it a lot, using shit quality CLDP becomes very frustrating. On the other hand just the presence of better quality thermals is not the reason for br difference between German and Italian IDS for example.

1 Like

Cool, but now that we have different ranks for ARB and GRB, what did you think of AMX’s performance in ARB?

Missiles are currently pretty good, even if there is only 2 of those.

But surely not twice as good as Aim-9Ls, and from what little i’ve played of it so far (not had a chance to take it into a sim match yet) It feels overall a worse airframe than the sea Harrier, at least a little bit

It may be a good 10.7, but I think 11.0 is pushing it a bit. Let alone 11.3.

3 Likes

Haven’t played it much in ARB, although spading regular AMX has already been not that fun for me, too slow for base bombing as they get destroyed by much faster teammates and any bombs/rockets make you much slower. You can use it as a fighter, but it isn’t good at it either, speed disadvantage is too big. On the other hand compared to Su-22M3 you have a lot of countermeasures, which can save you most of times if you pay enough attention.
In my opinion just presence of MAA-1 and DEFA cannons should not be the reason for such br increase.

1 Like

nah,… the MAA-1 is better on Speed (M3.5 vs 2.5 for 9L)and G’s (45G vs 30G on 9L’s) it can take, in comparison to 9L’s

the missile will be harder to evade without any flares (which is already a problem for many 9.7 against slower 9L’s

the aircraft itself remains an attacker, on which you need to plan for your attack if you wanna survive.
it have good amounts of CM’s.

have a better acceleration than A-10A’s even at altitudes of 6km+, and climbs better than A-10A’s

the biggest problem to compare with A-10’s → AMX is a light weight attacker in such closer to aircraft alike Jaguars, than A-10’s, but the avionics and weapons are currently making the AMX a bit better overall.

the problem is the Piranha Missile,… without this missile i would agree to give it 10.7 (with 9L’s instead)

The Piranha is a heat-seeking missile that, even when fired 1 km from the target, is easily attracted to flares. The description says that with the Pod, you can activate gyro targeting to calculate the position for cannon shots, but I have never been able to make this function work, which makes using the aircraft even more difficult when playing against 12.3.

As the AIM-9L missile since both doesn’t have IRCCM…

So,… no need to compare that currently.

Also, if fired from behind it have way more ability to keep on target and kill, as the 9L, since it’s an all-aspect missile(as the 9L)