Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan/Seiran Kai

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

R (2)
Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan/Seiran Kai (試製晴嵐改/南山)
The Aichi M6A1-K is a Japanese training aircraft based on the Aichi M6A1 aircraft. Two copies of this aircraft were built.
History
With the start of work on the M6A1, the Japanese naval staff came to the conclusion that a training aircraft would be needed to operate the new aircraft. It was decided to modify the M6A1 aircraft instead of building a new training aircraft. When the first flight took place in 1943 and work on the next aircraft was underway, prototypes 3 and 4 were directed to be converted into training aircraft with the designation M6A1-K. The modifications of the aircraft consisted in simplifying the design, there was no need for them to have folding wings, because they were not to be based on the I-13/I-400 ships. The plane was equipped with an ordinary wheeled landing gear, although it could still be fired from a ship catapult. The aircraft were completed by October 1944 and the training of new crews on this aircraft began immediately. Until the start of Operation “嵐作戦” (Operation Storm), the aircraft was used to train M6A1 crews. The M6A1-K aircraft were probably prepared for use in the defense of Japan in the expected future invasion before the surrender. Both M6A1-K aircraft survived until the surrender of Japan, after which they were tested by the Americans. The further fate of both of these aircraft is unknown.

Photos of the M6A1-K aircraft

R (2)917e4a3002b2bd04490e97b70a7cc404

Art and Models about the M6A1-K

01 (1)01R (5)m6a-c2OIPR (4)

Model 3D M6A1-K

Construction description
The Aichi M6A1-K is very similar to the M6A1, but there are a few differences in it, which I will describe here.

1. The aircraft is equipped with retractable landing gear towards the fuselage.
  2. The aircraft has two sets of control instruments
  3. Removed 13.2mm Type 3 machine gun
  4. Removed upper (M6A1 foldable) part of horizontal stabilizer
  5. The plane no longer has folding wings
Technical sketches

m6a1-4
Aichi_M6A1-K_3D_view

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Length: 10,64 m (34ft 11in)
  • Wingspan: 12,26 m (40 ft 3 in)
  • Height: 2,94 m (9ft 7 in)
  • Wing area: 27 m² (290 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 3,002 kg (6,618 lb)
  • Gross weight: 3,642 kg (8,029 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × water-cooled V12 engine Atsuta Type 32, 1030 kW (1400 hp) for take-off
  • Propellers: 3-bladed constant-speed propeller

Performance

• Maximum speed: 575 km/h
  • Range: 1120 km
  • Maximum Range: 2080 km
  • Service ceiling: 10800 m

Armament

• 4 x 250 kg Navy Type 98 Number 25 bombs
  • 2 x 250 kg Navy Type 98 Number 25 bombs
  • 1 x 800 kg Navy Type Number 80 Model 1 bombs
  • 1 x 800kg Navy Type 99 Number 80 AP
  • 1 x 850 kg 45cm Type 91 Model 3 torpedoes

Summary
The Aichi M6A1-K would be a very interesting aircraft for Japan in War Thunder. Thanks to its speed and high bomb load (for a Japanese aircraft), this aircraft would be useful for destroying enemy tanks and ships. Two pilots is also a big plus, and the lack of defensive armament is compensated by speed.The Aichi M6A1-K would be the perfect CAS aircraft for these reasons.

I encourage you to discuss in the comments and to share your own knowledge on this subject.
Finally, I apologize for the linguistic and logical errors because unfortunately English is not my main language and I had to use google translator.

Internet sources

晴嵐 - Wikipedia
Aichi M6A - Wikipedia
Aichi M6A Seiran Submarine-Based Attack Floatplane Aircraft
Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan Info
Aichi M6A Submarine bomber - Japan
Уголок неба ¦ Aichi M6A Seiran
Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan : Aichi
Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan - Destination's Journey
Aichi M6A Seiran (Mountain Haze)
Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan 3D Model by ChipBassChaos
Aichi M6A1-K Seiran Kai - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Podsumowanie
7 Likes

+1
This plane is a big YES for me. The 4x250 kg bombs would be super nice for Ground RB; a good CAS loadout for Japan is hard to come by as there are no single prop planes that can carry this loadout (the N1K2 loadout was unhistorical and thus removed).

It has the speed of the D4Y3 ko and the 4x250 kg loadout of the G4M, albeit at the cost of no guns.

(I-400 too Gaijin?)

1 Like

+1
One of two prop CAS planes what Japan is totally and extremely needed to become very good in ground attacking missions

1 Like

Too bad it doesn’t have any machine guns, but a trainer-turned-attacker for Japan would be a great addition. +1

2 Likes

Oh yes please, this gets my absolute +1!

1 Like