AGM-65 Maverick for German Tornado IDS

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

As we all knew, Germany is a important part in War Thunder not even now but also in the future. However, lacking of the ablility of CAS has became a serious shortcoming while its peers owned only armed GBUs for german Strike Aircraft and only 2 AGM-65s for F4F.
Thus,here I would like to introduce the AGM-65 Maverick for Tornado IDS, as shown in Website, Military Aviation, there is enough infomation shows Tornados in the German Air Force, AKA the Luftwaffe have ablility to carry and launch the AGM-65 Maverick as its armament (Figure. 1)

All information showed that the Tornados served in Luftwaffe had capacity of launching these air-to-ground missiles like Aerospaceweb
(Figure. 2)

However, there is no actual photos showed the Tornado carried the AGM-65 Maverick. Luckily, another famous game “War Game: Airland battle” provided us a possible solution manufactured by Euge Systems, 2013, which demonstrated a ficitional military conflict between East and West Germany.

(Figure. 3 the image shows a possible plan for the Tornado armed with 4*AGM-65 Maverick with a Composite rack)

Thus, I sincerely hope that gaijin could introduce this into game, how do you all think, Pilots??

Not being funny mate, but Euge Systems hits the crackpipe too hard and has no idea what they’re doing;
Tornado GR.1 with sidewinder outboard (nonsense)

F.3 with outboard and inboard sidewinders in nonsense locations and Skyflash crammed together in a 4 in the most unlaunchable config human kind has ever seen;

And all your other sources are just random websites which cannot be used as source materials.

7 Likes

Also just to follow on from this, the IDS has been in service for a long time (and continues to be) with the GAF, if it was able to mount and fire AGM-65 there would’ve been atleast a single image with one mounted by now. But there isn’t, because it didn’t happen.

5 Likes

Right all

You’re right though, it would be nice for the IDS to have some F&F weapons but there isn’t an option for them. Maybe JDAM etc but TV/EO/Thermal options just aren’t there.

just feel sad to the germans, they dont have a better choice for CAS, so i wrote this, sry

1 Like

No no, don’t apologize. Its all good. I just wanted to nip this in the bud before players got false hope.

1 Like

I saw some info in Bundswehr official website, it shows the IDS got new glide bombs, do we have any chances to get that thing or we could get the Taurus cruise missile ?

Naturally I can’t confirm or deny new weapons systems, but those have a much better chance of turning up in the future than AGM-65 on the IDS.

Thx dude, I hope so.

1 Like

BTW, did the german IDS armed with any Brimstones??

Not that I’m aware of, but they have bought loads for their Typhoons.

Kinda werid, both of them got ability to launch, but they only chose their Typhoons.

On the topic of FnF, did the german tornado ever get tested with the PGMs?

No just the UK to help integrate it with the Saudi GR.1 which carried them in service.

1 Like

I don’t think the German aircraft before the Eurofighter Typhoon had any hope of having this capability. Maybe the Swiss Hornet can fill the gap?

The Biritish always got lots of quirky ideas for their weapon systems, xd.

The biggest issue you mentioned is the Swiss F18 if it can be given to the Germans, at least they didnot passed on the suggestion topics.

As much as i love wargame series and warno, yeah, eugene sometimes does some funni magic when it comes to weapon systems.

Cue the time travelling padobranci 90

The F-4F ICE does in theory but without a targeting pod and only able to carry 2