Add-on track armour for italian ww2 vehicles

Where are the additional protection values for added tracks shown?
I only see weight added

You can use the armor viewer mode, it’s in the left menu when looking at your vehicle.

2 Likes

No rock armour?

Yeah I saw some photos of M13/40s, but as far as I know there no in-game vehicles with added rock armour, and I wanted the suggest something that was a mechanics already implemented in the game. But I know it was used and would be very cool.

1 Like

I was a little joking but why not.

1 Like

+1. Italian vehicles look too bland and simple, would be a nice addition.

4 Likes

@bobbyre

Carro Comando Semoventi M42 and one M (idk if 13 or 14) with track armour.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the collaboration, I’ve added your image!

1 Like

Of nothing.

With every test I’ve ever read, watched or witnessed, it would be a complete waste of a perfectly good transmission to do that

Other then bogging the vehicle down, reducing visibility, and making it more difficult to repair

It did very little as effective armor

1 Like

But it was done, which is the point. :)
It could add some nice flavor in-game, but as an optional modification. If you feel like it gives you an advantage, use it! Feel like it just slows you down, don’t use it! Every player can make their own choice that way whether they want it or not.

3 Likes

75/41? It is the 75/18.

And here more pics.

4 Likes

The third picture in the spoiler section looks like it took an HE round to the front that cut the track in half, with a splash being seen going upwards on the UFP. Really cool stuff!

1 Like

Corrected!
Could be controvertial but I decided to exclude the L3/35: can’t see any point and hope from Gaijin’s point of view.
As always thank you for the load of images!!

1 Like

I suggested two L3 so no problem. And of nothing for the pics.

1 Like

Ehh, I don’t think it would be a fun thing to add though, as it would make Volumetric even worse on vehicles that didn’t really have an issue before

Knowing how some things are implemented, it would likely just make a few vehicles very OP for a long time, historically it did very little, in game it would change the dynamic of quite a few vehicles

It doesn’t sound fun, which IMO, should prioritized above adding something “because it was done”

I don’t need HEAT rounds that, historically would have gone through no problem, fusing and doing jack squat
They do that enough as is

From the old forum:

Spoiler

1 Like

You are great, thank you very much for the effort you put in helping to push forward this suggestion!!

1 Like

Thsnks. I just checked in the old suggestion about this.

1 Like

I remember that this discussion has already been made and that the feedback was negative due a limit regarding the number of polygons available for the models. in the past @BlueBeta said that it wasn’t possible to add tracks since the italian models used already a wide numebr of polygons.

1 Like