Add FSR 2.2.1+ (or FSR 3.0) support into the game engine

With the launch of FRS 3.0 happening today, I don’t know if they created another suggestion topic specifically about FSR 3 or just merged it with this current topic, but whatever, here’s the link for all the details about the technology:

1 Like

FSR implementation isn’t that hard.They can just copy paste the code from amd’s website.Since they have decades of experience it shouldn’t be hard for them.Also FSR works fine with most engines,I’m sure dagor engine wouldn’t face any issues as well.

1 Like

It isnt just copy pasting code. In the case of modding it into a game it can actually be on that level, but in the case of doing it on the game engine level there is besides anything validation work to be done that this works as expected. Not to mention there likely being tweaks you want to do to get optimal results.

Is it easy and a low hanging fruit? Yes, but it is more work than what is implied when you say modders have done it

Still it should not be a issue for them as they are professional game devs.They certainly have enough knowledge to implement it.They have implemented way more complex things into their game engine throughout the years.

I know they partnered with them temporarily to get Physx into the game, but then it murdered so many peoples performance they removed it and went with a unity based system as far as i know.

Point being, no they are not lifetime partnered with them, which is why they partner with all kinds of other companies for promotions of products and services (specifically in the asian market)

Could be that Gaijin got help from Nvidia with their current implementation of DLSS and that sort of stopped any competitor tech development temporarily (not malicously in any way, it apperently isnt that uncommon that you drop current work to implement tech for those who have offered to work with you)

Doesn’t stop them from doing it offcourse, but with their own engine and reworking their DLSS inputs to do FSR they might not do it without sufficient interest from the community.

Or offcourse without sufficient performance pressure from the consoles to need it.

I need FSR 3.0, since the new weather effects were added in the last update + many other graphical effects that I can’t disable in settings my pc went from 40-60 fps to 20-25 I’ll have to play in minimum because I can’t afford an RTX, I think WT Mobile in my phone looks much better than that that.

1 Like

Sorry to bother you but can you just @ my name in the begining of the post around “This is a carry over from a old ofrums poll that has 99% votes for yes.”

It took me a long time to make it with all the images and alltaht back then ahah

1 Like

I got you.

Ps: I still wish you would participate in the discussion and say why you (still) think we need FSR :)

I highly doubt that AMD has not or is unwilling to work with them. I mean FSR3 is in small indy games like Deep Rock Galactica.

Frankly, I think Gaijin is just not implementing it, even after 2+ years of community pressure on the forums, mostly because they don’t care about the community and it is not affecting their wallet.

(hell, they didn’t fix progression and repair costs for 5+ years until people finally hand enough an boycotted the game, causing them to loose a lot of money temporarily. No matter what anyone says, its a greedy company that will focus profit first, experience second).

Thanks mate!
And well I got a 4070 not too long ago, so i tried DLSS and i can say that temporal upscalling like this looks pertty good on this game (i play at 1440p) and I still think fsr would be a big bonus for the game especially for players playing at higher resolution like 1440p and 4k. I have to say that DLSS looks better when it comes for image stability (fizzling and so on) when i compared it with FSR 2 in other games (most recent exemple where i noticed this is in assassin’s creed mirage), but FSR 2 is still a big jump over TAA

And still, they could always add the “native rendering” option that a lot of newer title add to their game to just increase image fidelity. where it allows you to use FSR or DLSS or XeSS at native res to have a better antialiasing than what TAA can provide, (use it like that in assassin’s creed mirage and the game look so crisp and sharp compared to TAA it’s pretty great)

I hope gaijin add fsr frame generation to game. I don’t use dlss despite having rtx 3060 because of bad quality of pictures. I want to use amd frame generation alongside ssaa 4x to have both quality and high fps. Nvidia reflex also is in game already that can help with latency issue caused by frame generation.

I can’t believe after two months there’s been no response from Gaijin (even a simple “no”). I am on a budget pc with an AMD Radeon RX 6400. It’s okay I guess (I get an average of 66 fps and the quality is pretty good with occasional frame stutter). I play no man’s sky and FSR helps out SO much. And with the release of FSR 3.0, I can’t imagine how much it would improve my experience.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, I don’t think this issue is big enough for a mass boycotting, which is a shame for low-end pc and console users. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and buy some more expensive parts if I want an optimal experience. I really feel bad for console users because they can’t. If the console player base keeps growing, hopefully Gaijin have to do something eventually. I wish NVIDIA would make a non-proprietary upscaling software package, but that’s not happening anytime soon.

P.S. I know I’m a complete noob, both on this forum and on warthunder, and I probably haven’t clocked enough hours to have an opinion on this, but I feel very strongly on this subject and am disappointed that Gaijin won’t make a good game better with a little effort.

I just realized that Gaijin added LINUX SUPPORT to War Thunder even though Linux has a little over 2% of the market share. But they won’t add FSR. Yeah, I’m convinced Gaijin has a contract with NVIDIA.

I’ve also heard that you can run War thunder with Vulkan renderer. Maybe I’ll try that. It might work better with my AMD gpu.

1 Like

The original FSR 2.0 thread I made for FSR a while back on the old forum, where the devs answered a few questions: Adding support for FSR 2.0 in War Thunder? - Graphical and Sound - War Thunder - Official Forum

add frostbite engine into the game

Well thats not the case gives there is a XeSS placeholder.

Now that is quite nice.

Enlisted has FSR from Launch, idk why Gaijin takes so long to add it into War Thunder

1 Like

yep, i come here because i just noticed that XeSS was added to the game, yet no FSR 2 or FXR3 in the game … so lets support 2 techs that require dedicated hardware that only exists in new cards and left out the one that works in all cards. This probably shows that the XeSS had financial support to be added or it is included in some tool that DLSS required

Now that Dragor engine is open source, i do hope this finally gets added