Abrams SEP V2 Trophy APS

The SEP V3 also has a new FLIR, better PDU for longer silent running, and a lower profile crows

What youre mistaking is that the V3 is a slight upgrade from the V2. Not that this is a slightly downgraded V3. Its absurd to limit this because “another vehicle has it too”

The APS will be a mass distribution item for SEP V2s that wont be upgraded to V3s

And you defending those arguments just makes this one sided

2 Likes

Here are images from the patent for Arena-3 on the T-90M turret.
Happy?

You’re basing this off of entirely untrue information, with the Yak-141 mounting a radar IRL for trials. What you may be thinking of is its IRST, which was never seen on any prototype aircraft.

I’ve listed the thermal sights used on said T-80s.

1 Like

And the addition of NGAP, which would more than likely come out more scuffed than the HAP-3 ordeal.

My brain isn’t comprehending this, can you re-write it?

Mass distribution meaning? A standard upgrade? Or export

Defending what arguments, and how?

Then I strongly encourage a suggestion be made if you feel its missing, but patent information =/= production use. Afaik the T90M obj 2020 has no APS, and ive seen no images of it mounted or tested on the T90M.

I just really feel like theres no reason not to add it, and your logic is because a tank from a different nation that hasnt had the ability to use its own technology is some sort of gotcha

1 Like

Would be a good future in-game version. Especially since SEP2’s armor can be vastly improved.

I have no contention on whether or not it is applied, and I’m happy with how the T-90M is being implemented currently… But to say the Arena system hasn’t been implemented simply because there isn’t photo or video evidence of it on the T-90M specifically is interesting, as there are patents existing for Arena on the T-72B3, T-90M, as well as statements saying that testing would commence and video proof of the T-72B3 testing it at the very least.
Production use though? Absolutely not.

Neither do I, I just wanted to clear up that topic and push that point that the T-90M is capable and is supposedly testing Arena at the moment.

What logic is that?

1 Like

Standard upgrade thats already been in service for 3 years

2 Likes

But its not a different tank, its not proto or experimental. Its been in service for atleast 3 years. The only new tank should be the V3

1 Like

M1A2SEPv2 (early)

2 Likes

The Trophy-equipped SEP2s were the trial and limited production.
SEP3 has it integrated into the production completely.

I support it, but I support lower-BR SEP2 as well with armor corrected.
You could folder it with the SEP2 for 200k RP instead as well.

3 Likes

Oh lord thats rich lol.

I would assumed it being a mod would justify it being a later life cycle item

1 Like

nah m8 you do be getting sepv2 early and late after like 3 years with trophy

Thats an idea. But were at tier 8 already. I just dont see a reason nkt to add it, especially with peers from 2020. Why do we shoehorn the 2006 mod when we have a 2020 T90M, Chally 3 P, A7V, 122+ etc.

Secondly, the SEP V2 is exactly the same as the V1 and thats the same as the M1A2. The only difference is TUSK which half the players dont use because of mobility, now you have the exact same tank 3 times in a row, now you want to add another step to the grind?

Alternatively I suggest fixing the current Sep2 to match its peers for rank 8 with an APS, and folder a later SEP V2 early under the SEP, if the community seriously thinks thats needed

I’m also curious if we just get SEP3 for Trophy, BUT I feel that’s when we get M829A3/4 & T-14, 2A8, etc all come to WT.

My honest opinion is that adding trophy now will be too much for the tank play and would rather see this on a future tusk3 model.

Before people slaughter me - I am a US main and mainly ground.

If nothing else it would make the game worth continuing to play.

1 Like

Im simply curious why you feel this way when we already have the Merkava and Chally with APS

Plus the fact that the Sep V2 now is very copy paste

Lol. 3 years sounds optimistic! Bet itll be event too

The Challenger 2 Black Night (literally technology demonstrator)
The T-80U Drozd (literally technology demonstrator)

but there’s things like this from the US military, showing, “The Army has prepositioned TROPHY APS kits for installation on Abrams SEPv2 and SEPv3 tanks.”

I don’t see the problem with adding Trophy to the SEPv2, as the SEPv1 is already in game as the “non-trophy” variant (because it’s from the 90s) and the US still doesn’t have any form of hard-kill APS. A “trial and limited production” caveat shouldn’t exist because two other tanks that have hard-kill APS are single vehicle technology demonstrators. The SEPv2 at least had a brigade worth of Trophy equipped tanks, and were actually deployed. And if you want a “less armor” Abrams, the SEPv1 already exists. Or, they could add the M1A1 AIM, the M1A1 SA, or the M1A1 AIDATS. They all have thermal optics fitted to and slaved with the .50 cal on the roof, and can function as low-tech CITV (even though right now they aren’t implemented in this way).

3 Likes

Here’s the thing, no matter what they need to make an entirely new model, thus new tank.
So we’re not getting Trophy on this specific SEP2.
Especially since this one is focused on TUSK2, which Trophy replaces entirely.
I suspect we see Trophy Abrams next year.