Frontal Armor of M1 Abrams Series

regardless of the back and forth arguements for or against something needs to be done about the Abrams… it is miserable to play in the current meta.

4 Likes

I’d say it would only benefit with more detailed volumetric modeling. That is the only issue holding the turret ring protection back, as well as places like the driver hatch.

I would also love a more detailed composite / NERA penetration model, but I honestly have no clue what could be changed for better accuracy.

I get the feeling my comment about you being very young struck a nerve.

Besides, we’re all War Thunder players here, so we’re all on the spectrum.

I asked you to show me sources that overrule mine, I also said that if you did I would be open to reconsidering.

You then neglected to respond at all. I’m thus to conclude that you don’t have any sources which have higher validity than those I shared.

So I repeat: If you have sources that show the upper glacis plate of the M1 to in fact be 2 inches instead of 1.5, please share them. ‘‘educate me’’

2 Likes

No source will show an Abrams with a 2" thick UFP. No source will overrule my ruler.

1 Like

Were you there?

1 Like

This videos are worthless

1 Like

Does it matter?

You’re forgetting to compensate for the thickness of the CARC paint. Though it would of been nice if he’d set the gauge to metric mode instead of imperial measurements. I’d eventually like to start using my UTG to measure armor on a few vehicles. Mines a TM-8818.

5 Likes

Yes, when you act like a trove of knowledge it’s nice tonknow where it comes from.

1 Like

And anecdotal tales will tell you that?

Are you asking yourself that or me? I was there in the early 90’s…were you?

1 Like

Again, does it matter?

Yes

So me personally being there sways the information as to the amount and types of vehicles that took action in the wars?

I’d like to see where they did that though, especially since ~3mm is a lot of difference for just paint.

Abrams top surface paint is made to reduce thermal signature and prevent wear from stepping on… it also has an uneven gravely surface for grip to avoid crew falling off. It’s rather thick.

1 Like

3 Likes

oh yeah they definitely nerfed the abrams its front hull is as strong as the cheeks against KE rounds

SEP v2 only 400mm against KE?? lmao yeah and the moon is made of real cheese

3 Likes

the whole tank in game is wrong

2 Likes

@MiG_23M seems my source was correct. Maybe- what made you believe paint takes up half an inch? Curious.

1 Like