About Nuclear Escalation and the Bomber Damage Model by BVV_d

thats in the suggestion (when it gets accepted)

The ban would be in AAB, ARB and ASB mainly

1 Like

Will be fun in NRB then :P

here some ideas.
Self sealing fuel tanks to ACT like that… aka to take NO FIRE to DONT loose fuel… and that was the point of them… that’s why the use them. making the airplanes heavier and less manueverable… and is something that used in todays airplanes.

and i have one question where is the Greek Crew voices??? you adding something you added 3 vehicles and no crew voice? on the other hand you add 1 Turkish event tank… that is limited for the mass…and has Crew voice of the turkey? why?

1 Like

@BVV_d One question I have is your current stance on ARH missiles and future implementation of ECM and ECCM. I don’t want to over complicate what has been discussed before, so my question is, will the current parameters for most active missiles, ie speed/range gates and seeker FOV characteristics, remain as they are now?

ARH’s are currently overly sensitive to chaff and more specifically angle gating, and IRL possess far lower speed and range gates than in game. I imagine this is for balancing purposes, with ECM and ECCM not currently modeled, ARH’s would become overly powerful and ruin Air RB.

Even just an acknowledgment that it’s being looked at in the long term would satisfy my inquiry.

This will Devolve into ARB TDM, my side SPAWN CAMPING your side inside one min because me and my 3 Squad mates sent 6 Kh31PD each at your long rage AA and now it’s gone…for the lower BR’s sure, for 13.7+ smaller is NOT a good idea imo :/

Given the much lower amount of SAMs, i am fine with SAMs being extremely well coordinated and OP, the thing is rn there are just so many sams its beyond the comprehension of situational awareness.
I have seen like 80 to 90% of player v player combat interrupted by these sams.

Overall a very positive post. I admit I haven’t had the opportunity (due to real life) to play Nuclear Escalation much, but it is great to see the improvements in this post, and I’m REALLY looking forward to playing missions with helicopters and transports that don’t involve direct combat.

Regarding bomber DMs, as a player who enjoys playing every aircraft (class), I am ecstatic at the bomber durability improvement, though I also found it a bit overpowered at times.
HOWEVER, I actually hope it stays that way, because even when playing a fighter, it now feels way more fun engaging a bomber, because it is now a challenge and requires a bit of thinking about how to approach it. This is way more fun than before.
The biggest issue to me, though, has been the award recognition, as now it acts a bit like ships did for a while, where someone who causes lots of damage is not necessarily the one getting the kill.

Finally, I do hope that some of the improvements mentioned (esp. the missile aiming for the engines and structure damage) will be more general and not just affect bombers but all aircraft. I actually hope that all the lessons and improvements for bomber DMs will trickle down to all aircraft.

cant wait until cargo aircraft and helis, i hope chinook and mi26 come

I hope it allows actually modells logistics then, rearming AAs with their missiles and all

this will atleast fix the problem with mindless AA spam rn

maybe in future we might see infantry integrated in the mode, with hotspots on the frontline where they capture strategic points

That’s a FW ?

I think Morvran_ makes a great point way above…this mode is not supposed to be a short duration, small match! I don’t want a 20 min match…I want a LARGE scale 40 min Minimum type match with MORE then just Air to Air combat for the WHOLE Duration of the match.

Honestly I’m Black Pilled on this…it’s only a matter of time before NE is turned into a ARB TDM and all the AA are Nerfed to the point you could fly an A10 into their NEZ and fly in a line and not get hit. Does the Ai aiming need an adjustment sure…but the way people talk, it’s gonna be an iTO as good as a player controlled 1943 ZSU 37 :/

3 Likes

i want a larger map tbf, 256x256km still feels way to small because of the aa saturation

1 Like

a Ki-43

I just want to echo the already mentioned request to improve the rewards for destruction of naval targets.

On the part of the iTO…they are FOOD for the Kh31

1 Like

Too bad the matches already dont last longer than 20 to 30 mins, that that is indeed due to how bad AA network is implemented in game

Hear me out.

The AAs in game are like omnipresent, like the moment you takeoff you will have like 2 S300s already shooting at you as if they got infinite missiles.

Thing is at that range those missile barely have ANY energy left and arent that much of a solid threat, buts its still enough to force you into a very annoying playstyle where you have to be hugging the ground most of the time. Like genuinely why do i get launch pings when im over my airspace bro.

nuclear jets which are one of the biggest reason for the fast match ends (other than the low ticket). They can easily take flank routes like the coastal region or the hills, where there is near to none AA coverage, but no strategic/simple ground targets to attack.

What the current AA system ends up doing is being a nuisance for strategic strikers and CAP players forcing them into a very specific playstyle and position, and killing them if they go like barely towards the frontline because the convoy itos arent spotted 50% of the time, meanwhile the nuclear airplanes can easily go through threat free spaces to completely obliterate whats supposed to be one of the most well defended asset of a nation

hence i would rather have a world with a buffer zone in between, this zone will be not really that susceptible to enemy AA, but still a major threat against enemy CAP. Instead of AAs just launching wherever and whenever they want, they will strategically launch the medium/long range missiles to planes trying to come close towards, and will be actually pretty lethal at it

The buffer zone gives the player enough clarity that this is the point he should not go beyond yet, while he can still continue his operations for the while.

having a buffer zone also makes sense becaure IRL these AAs can be easily artied/rocketed by ground targets. They are not supposed to be these close at all

This also prevents braindead nuke spamming. Now there has to be an actual team work effort doing strategic sead to break through a certain zone in enemy air defences,

like in this context the first layer to be broken has to be frontline sams as given on that guys example and my own map too

a lot of the map is barely used mainly due to the extremely forward placement of airfields

there shouldnt be these many airfields in the first place tbrh, there should be less but much well defended airfields out there.

plus these convoy aas and depots make the map feel so small just to exist and play

3 Likes

great, 0.01% of itos from map destroyed

like genuinely this makes nearly 0 impact on the game bro, they are just way to many to deal with.

2 Likes

The helicopter and transport aircraft being able to repair SAM sites and airfields is literally exactly what I recommended in an earlier nuclear escelation post.

I don’t know if my idea was actually used, even though this was 1:1 what I suggested, but either way am I truly grateful to see this being worked on.

Though I’d love to know if I made an impact on this :D

There’s only one man who would dare give me the raspberry!

Why do you have such an intense vignette effect?