It kinda is just a better EC mode then, maybe make NE a main mode in SB and also add some additional small modes, like, “duel” mode? That you can apply and randomly duel someone with a plane equal to your BR.
I meant, a way to integrate playing ground vehicles into the Escalation mode!
Add markerless infantry with manpads to the mode, need the Afghanistan vibe.
I think part of the problem for the damage models is that it’s a general “make them tanky” approach, rather than considering the individual construction of each aircraft. While fully bespoke damage models would be a huge undertaking I think it would be worth doing.
In tanks, we have to know individual weakspots, know which armour plates are stronger, which tank variant has the extra thickness, or whatever. Imagine that depth in bombers… Would be good!
I also think components need to be more partially damageable, visually and in modelling. Currently, you can rip off a whole aileron, but can’t just partially break it. How many photos exist of half an aileron being destroyed… many. Allow the accumulation of damage to be felt and seen earlier, and be less of a hard transistion between damaged but fine to completely gone.
If you are looking into issues with radar guided missiles, I would like to point out that there is also another issue with pulse guidance that makes missiles lose tracking within 150 meters of the target when they shouldn’t, as indicated in the bug report:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Ihcydxz49hrw
This also makes some radar types missiles unfairly miss their targets even when launched with the correct parameters, and is worth fixing alongside the aiming point issue if possible.
Gunna include proper radar signatures as well? Make ARH missiles also more effective? (let alone allow for aircraft to actually detect a hovering heli in the first place)
Cool, but what about F3H-2 with AIM-7C destroying the 8.0 to 9.7 BR experience?
could we see this banning of weaponry systems added to that Aircraft such as the Tornado and Typhoons can get MMW Brimstones?
That and for other aircraft to have their own nuclear arsenal researchable? (I have aSuggestion pending on this)
Overall these are some very good changes, seems like many good ones are finally being implemented, it also would be nice to add some of these changes to Air Sim Modes, we need new maps and team selection, if helicopters were added as a spawnable vehicle in air sim I would be very busy too
Lahat when??
But I dont think anyone wants faster conclusion of matches, the point of NE is for a longer match. Too many times ive had matches end before anyone has taken out a single AF.
So significantly increasing the match duration would be a bonus, not a negative.
Thats an easy fix too. Add more conventional targets like we saw from the deepstrike event.
If the concern from making nukes too expensive is the lack of match impact, add more targets that can be attacked and destroyed without nukes. Currently the gamemode feels pointless to play unless you are in a nuke carrier, even attakcing the ammo depots feels like a waste of time in anything other than a nuke carrier.
This ties into the same issue, though, 1 nuke can take out a lot of targets easily. 1 plane with 2-4 ARM… far less so, especially with the rate of interception.
If the gamemode is balanced and built around easily getitng into nuke carriers, then not being in a nuke carrier is a massive nerf.
what about fighter damage models will props be getting reworks too at some point ?
cause fighters get competely destroyed ingame by 1 20mm ingame right now and many fighters have actual armor much like bombers the P47 can get cut in half by 1 20mm bullet ingame which is insane considering its history of being rugged
like this p47 was directly hit by a flak round and made it home even though its super charger was out
Even in GRB, Just make the SP cost = 2500 and i dont think it would be a big deal to allow players to have their own nukes carriers. Just leave the default options for players without nukes carriers.
But yes, if banning weapons per gamemode is possible, then its time to stop banning weapons from all gamemodes
Even like ALARM on its various carriers could be banned from GRB but allowed in NE
How about changing bomber detectibility since you’re nerfing bombers to being useless again?
Any plans on making rewards and SPAA in Nuclear Thunder actually bearable?
I really hope attack choppers come to this mode. We need a way to be able to use them, without having to play ground forces.
Trucks. Nice
Will there be a similar mechanic for ground modes? I would love to have engineering and logistics ground vehicles.
This would be a better approach for matches below 11.3 or so. But this is also just Air RB basically. While I can agree that some nations suffer with lack of ordinance to support the mode, most nations after 13.0 are able to compete within the chaos of the game mode.
Before 11.0, the AI is just too precise. I won’t play below 10.3 to be honest. Its just too painful. No ordinance to deal with the hyper-accurate gun AAA.
13.0+ I get SEAD kills, player kills, ground kills, and ship kills with decent ease. Yes I have to trick the AAA with a dummy shot sometimes, but solo or duo feels good.

