A6M3 Reisen Drop Tank Issues?

sometime ago I unlocked the A6M3 and its drop tank at that time it was my first vehicle to have such a feature so I set a key binding and tested what would happen if dropped and it created a small napalm like bomb. wanting to play with this feature again; I found that the drop tank would not drop at all !

I tested in test flight to confirm that the drop tanks would not function as I recall, even if I rebound the function to a different set of keys I could not get them to drop. does anyone know if this is a reported bug others have experienced ?

I applogize if I missed the topic being posted elsewhere, I did check briefly but did not see any information related to my issue.

is it possible that I could fix this issue by clearing my install and doing a fresh install ?
I do not know if the drop tank issue is just something I am experiencing - maybe some file corrupted since the last time I tried to use drop tanks ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/ztdtpe/key_bind_for_fuel_tank_jettison/

i dont think the A6M3 can drop its tank because it hasnt been implemented yet.
it probably is not selectable in the loadout menu right?

1 Like

how odd. it is for sure selectable for me - even modeled and I for sure used it once it the past but can no longer drop it. are you unable to select it at all ? I can still do so.

try using a keybind that is just one key

This is also happening to me
I used the A6M3 before alpha strike and it’s drop tank did work
I remember this because I went to the wiki for tactics and used the one right before “Usage in battles”
It involves taking the drop tank and using minimum fuel. This allows the zero to retain its own movability without sacrificing the amount of time it can spend in the air.
I have the drop tank key assigned to “numpad enter”
Might just be the aircraft since I can use the drop tanks in the japanese f4 premium