A Swiss air sub-tree for Germany

Based on Smin’s comment on discord:

It seems likely that there will be more Swiss aircraft coming to the German tech tree in the future. To that end, I created a quick Swiss sub-tree, starting from rank 4 with the goal of providing some variety and filling some gaps. I also added some likely future vehicles to give some context as to where everything fits in.

14 Likes

The extensively trialed Gripen would also be interesting to see as a possible squadron or event vehicle.

5 Likes

With a lot of cheating, gaijin could add the N-20 too
79568-ad61cd0bb3eda02bb2352173c64b7a36

6 Likes

+1 but only if F/A-18D gets its historic autobahn vignette

6 Likes

Who needs the beauty of the Swiss Alps when you have this

4 Likes

I forgot about that goober, would probably put it after the Venom.

But I think Gaijin will be too lazy busy.

The swiss subtree for germany is about the single worst subtree gaijin can add. Its tremendously disappointing gaijin chose this path.

The only thing it “adds” to germany that has any value to the german TT is the F-18C, and its the worst F-18C variant that will ever be in-game to boot. Its insulting.

Too bad gaijin went with the stupid plan of giving france the entirety of BeNeLux instead of actually spending the time to add unique french vehicles instead of BeNeLux copy/paste

5 Likes

It is what it is. I think they will probably fudge the loadout of the F-18 and give it air-to-ground weapons, like they gave the SA Gripen ARH missiles.

1 Like

yep, and Netherlands would be better spend on Germany since 98% of the vehicles are actually German and the vehicles which aren’t could help fill gaps (like AH-64D/E and F-16AM)

6 Likes

I think the gripen would only be likely if we dont see f18 or eft after December.

That’s if they want it to show up as a tech tree vehicle… Though considering they save the big stuff for the June and December updates there’s a good chance they really will add the Hornet. If they do feel like adding it as an event/squadron vehicle, it’ll open a very funny pandoras box regarding the Rafale

Eh, thats more than that, regardless i dont think we will see the trialed gripen C. If gaijin wanted to fill gaps for air like that Finland probably would’ve gotten one of the Halli air trial vehicles to fill in the lack of a top tier aircraft against the F16/Mig 29 for a year. Though who knows we might see more trial stuff come.

well there where upgrades done that refitted the Air to Ground capabilities to the Swiss Hornet

Yeah their MLU 1 iirc restored some weapons. I dont know if they restored and expanded on them like the Finnish did but gaijin could just copy paste the finnish or US armament to the swiss f18

1 Like

it would be easier for them to do so, hence why I think they’ll just C&P

1 Like

The swiss f18 could be the best f18 if they ignore the A2G avionic weight and add the A2G abilities to it so wed have another F16AJ in terms of weight lol

1 Like

The ARL piranha would also be cool.

Well… It opens the options for ground units too…
Air only is mediocre, thats true. But the swiss made some fun light vehiecles.

The largest version (Tornado engine) would be incredibly funny to see

INB4 they just give it single AGM65Ds and some dumb bombs