A Sound of Thunder! The Release of War Thunder Mobile

Download Wallpaper:

Commanders, get ready for battle: as we celebrate the recent global release of War Thunder Mobile! Fans of realistic tank, naval, and air battles can download the game for free on Android and iOS and join hundreds of thousands of players who participated in the open beta already.

During the OBT, War Thunder Mobile got a lot better: we significantly improved the game stability, optimized it and fixed a lot of bugs. Two big updates added new vehicles and locations, the ability to modify vehicles and play in a squad with friends and much more. Now War Thunder Mobile can be downloaded from the app stores and will receive updates automatically!

Joint Operation between War Thunder and War Thunder Mobile!

In honor of this solemn occasion, War Thunder and War Thunder Mobile are starting a joint operation! Play War Thunder Mobile, win and get twice as many rewards!

Tasks and prizes

The team has prepared a list of tasks in War Thunder Mobile for you. For the successful completion of each, you will immediately receive a reward in both games:

War Thunder Rewards

All tasks need to be completed in War Thunder Mobile.

M4

M4 in a unique camouflage

Take 1st place three times on your team.

The M4 Sherman is a real classic of mid tier tank battles. 75 mm gun, decent AP shells and good frontal armoring of the hull and turret.

Hatsuzuki

Hatsuzuki in a unique camouflage

Win 3 battles.

Destroyer Hatsuzuki (japanese. “New Moon”) is one of the heaviest ships of its class. It is exceptionally armed: eight 100 mm main caliber guns, many 25 mm AA machine guns, and famous 610 mm torpedoes.

Player icon

Complete 5 battles.

“War Thunder Mobile” decal

Complete 10 battles.

War Thunder Mobile Rewards

All tasks need to be completed in War Thunder Mobile.

M4

M4 Sherman platoon

Take 1st place three times on your team.

M4 Sherman platoon: M4 Sherman, M10 Wolverine, M24 Chaffee, M16 MGMC.

Hatsuzuki

Hatsuzuki

Win 3 battles.

Player icon

Complete 5 battles.

Nickname decorator

Complete 10 battles.

War Thunder players can log into War Thunder Mobile with their Gaijin accounts. War Thunder Mobile players will simply need to link their existing Apple ID, Google Play ID, or Facebook ID to their Gaijin account. If you’re already playing War Thunder Mobile using your Gaijin account, then you’re all set!

M4A4 platoon and USS Nicholas for all War Thunder Mobile players

All players who log into War Thunder Mobile until August 29th will receive a USS Nicholas destroyer and a French tank platoon with unique camouflages! Learn more about these vehicles here.

Don’t miss out on this unique chance to get incredible vehicles and commemorative decorators!

2 Likes

Is there a reason we cant get the rewards for both by playing WT PC/console as well as by playing the mobile game, and we can only get them by playing the Mobile game? I (and many others) dont have a device to run WT mobile but may get one in the future, but will completely miss out on these vehicles because you cannot get them for doing the challenges in WT PC.

8 Likes

Yes, there is a reason… it’s called marketing and increasing exposure by forcing people to play only on the new product.

Best regards,
Phil
---------------- Manual signature until those and profile pics are returned ----------------
Bring back old forum, forum profile pictures, and signatures but most importantly the old forum!

My complete tech trees (incl. all special vehicles) spreadsheet is updated to match 2.23 (only accurate atm for list & status of vehicles): War Thunder Tech Trees 2.31 (V15.00 temp - does not have all the last econ changes) - Google Spreadsheets Contains probably all vehicles WT has published.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Phil, but i was hoping for a response from stona or one of the community mods, i dont doubt you are correct but i’d like to hear it from an official source

1 Like

Fantastic, good move…

Once again, you know how to excite and reward your loyal players by hosting an event during another event… Not to mention, the limitations to get these prices. Honestly, it was complicated to duplicate the War Thunder client to allow PC/Console users to get those rewards ?

Instead of having an inter-service schedule for these events and avoiding any kind of saturation for your players, you go on and go on…

That’s why I’m not playing Enlisted anymore.

1 Like

Make it count for battlepass daily logins and I’ll be impressed.

The new DD is nice though. Stats if people wanted them. I probably won’t try for the tank. It looks like firsts in naval don’t count as firsts in ground, so you have to grind the two free WT vehicles separately.

1 Like

Ah yes. Now you can take the grind with you everywhere! 😉

@Stona_WT how long does the event go, it only mentions August 29th for the log in reward

An issue i have mobile games is that they always require internet access… if im playing games on my phone. Im probably…you know… mobile. Wifi is not assumed. If i was home. Id just play on my PC.

I have never understood why devs make a mobile version of a pc game that is online

1 Like

leisurely playability in bed couch etc, same reason the switch is so great

Maybe… never been a fan of that. This being an online game makes sense. But so many games need internet access for “reasons” even though they are singleplayer. Just puts me completely off ever actually playing games on my phone

We do not have end date for now, but plan to have it for a long time, so you manage to get your prizes :)

well that is great news, thank you very much! currently with the Summer grind event doing the mobile event would just have been to much for me. will definitly look into it after the Summer event

Does it work with an emulator like MEmu?

it should

Has to be said, but the decision in the naval mode to group tier I and II together is a little exploitative, and puts getting firsts out of reach for F2P people, in a practical sense. That’s basically a 4.0-5.7 match in real-game terms, where you can pay $ for the Belfast/Graf Spee to at least be competitive. You can still get the wins playing F2P in naval (coming in last on your side still counts for that), so the DD is still in reach for everyone, but getting that M4 through naval alone would seem to require expenditure. Which yknow is fine, paying to get another non-premium, non-event M4 out of this is hardly a meta-changer.

xD, what did you expect from a mobile game

2 Likes

Nothing more than what we got :)

Just more exploitation of the players for vehicles not even worth it.

They make it easy for you to get the first “1st Place” out of 3 for the M4 by putting you with teams mostly made up of bots.
Then they put you with players with much better vehicles than you so it’s nearly impossible to get 1st.
No surprise as soon as you start getting unfair matchups they also dangle a “Limited time” offer on a premium vehicle in front of you. Coincidence?

Very slimy.

1 Like

Got 3 first places in naval (against real players), nothing counted towards the task.

Task is bugged. Can’t say that I’m surprised.

Won’t waste more time on this.

4 Likes