A little more news on Research bonuses for new nations

With potentially 27 Air matches, 27 Heli matches, 27 Ground matches, 18 Bluewater matches, and 18 Coastal matches per day, it effectively is permanent.

If you play a variety of nations and vehicle types… which is precisely what this bonus is intended to encourage.

I edited my post just to make it absolutely clear

2 Likes

I do hope they don’t use the Boosters definition of “Battles”, every 30 minutes

Oh it won’t at the beginning but after a few weeks when it’s added it will be changed to 30 minutes and the changelog will say it was a bug.

so your saying it stacks with other boosters? meaning its possible for it to with a 500% booster to have an effective 5000% boost?

well once you’ve gotten to 27 then really all you’re doing is grinding the new vehicles that came in the next update. A lot of people right now don’t even have a single top tier so they won’t even see the bonus even when this rolls out, and even then a ton of players only have one nation with the top vehicle so a ton of people are only gonna get the 3 battles bonus. So for the people that don’t really need it yeah they get 27 battles, but for the people that REALLY need it they only get a 3 battle bonus

Nobody plays a different vehicle, and a different nation every three games. This expectation is severely disconnected from reality.

2 Likes

either that or 550%

You seem to have this backwards; you get the bonus for nations in which you don’t have an end-of-line vehicle.

For example, I have top-rank Japan Bluewater, which means every day I will get three boosted US matches, three boosted Germany matches, three boosted USSR matches, three boosted Britain matches, three boosted Italy matches, and three boosted France matches; that’s 18 boosted matches per day.

All this waiting and a full year of development so we can get a few k RP per day more and an objectively worse version of the x2 we used to have before it was removed, and now not only do you get a LOWER multiplier, it’s also tied to a significant time investment to even be able to get it in the first place, and it counts for 3 battles, and not 3 wins… which was also how the x2 used to work, that it would not get applied to a loss.

So I’m really impressed it took you 10 years of doing nothing, then a FULL YEAR OF DEVELOPING A FEATURE that is worse than what we had… kinda like most other aspects of the game, when we used to have the D point, or the Break gamemode, AI tanks on the battlefield and functional progression… yet we’re still stuck with the same RP progression as if the Jagdtiger is the top tier vehicle.

Skill bonus did nothing to solve that, the RP cap still punishes good performance, losses are still sucking up all the rewards and match duration completely kills air rewards.

14 Likes

No. The way boosters, premium and talismans work in this game is very misleading. It’s calculated as

RP = vehicle_multiplier * (100% (base) + 100% (talisman) + 100% (premium account) + boosters)

For example I have a premium account and a talisman on my F-5E FCU. Its multiplier is 2.44. This gets our final RP percentage to be 732%. If I activate a 200% booster it’s not going to be triple that, as one might expect. It’s going to become 1220%. So in reality it’s not a 200% boost, but rather 66.66% boost.

Multiple boosters are not multiplied but added together. This new feature will work the same way.

8 Likes

I believe the roadmap didn’t give specifics, was just listed as a research bonus

Wasn’t until later in the fine print that people could see it was going to be this trash

Here is a good middle ground, add 3 day per tech tree line you complete, one tree 3 battle per day, 2 trees 6, and so on.

1 Like

You’re not obligated to only play using the booster; if you don’t then you simply don’t get the booster, which is neutral (the current status quo), not a negative.

It exists to encourage playing other nations and other vehicle types. This isn’t intended for “nation mains”, or rather is intended to help get them out of their familiar shell.

It’s a bonus that should, IMO, be intended to give people reason to play varying countries throughout their grand total playtime of war thunder, not every single day. Which you can do with a small permanent stacking bonus that applies to all other countries than the one you’ve researched. So you reach the top of US tanks, all other tanks get RP * 1.1, you reach the top of UK tanks, you get another * 1.2 for tanks that are neither US nor UK (which get the 1.1 from the other) etc. etc.

4 Likes

That’s not how boosters work in War Thunder, as I already replied to you in a different reply

Once again, it was all spelled out from the start:

After obtaining a top vehicle of one nation (such a vehicle will be clearly marked in the research tree), a bonus is added to the research of vehicles of this type in other nations, where the top-tier vehicles have not yet been received. The bonus is given for three battles every day for each nation separately and depends on the rank of the researched vehicle. Approximate values are: rank IV +15%, rank V +25%, rank VI +35%, ranks VII-VIII +50%. - June 2023

I feel like I am being punished for having 3 nations spaded to rank 8, I thought I would be rewarded, guess not. Definitely would rather have just gotten an account wide flat bonus for every rank 8 spaded.

1 Like

sure bud wharever u say

Another poorly implemented mechanic, it obviously doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Definitely not worth the wait and the ‘‘effort’’ that has been put into this.

2 Likes