11-Year War Thunder Veteran's Honest Rant: Why I'm Stepping Away

Ah, true that.

Hey, sorry to hear you lost your interest.

I was like that too - i took breaks, sometimes like 3 years IIRC. I got back and started having fun again.
I get what you are saying.

But maybe in a future you will change your mind, try again and you will regain passion for game.

Don’t listen to these jerks and forum clowns - you will always be welcome here.

Goodbye and good luck

1 Like

It is a good point…

It is better feedback for Staff to go off of rather than a “dramatic” exit as some may say…

Yeah, and thats fine…

Might be a bit harsh… some do have a valid point or criticism… some may defend the game they enjoy, and sure they may get a bit carried away

But, yes always welcome back at any point, absolutely right!

3 Likes

Criticism in a way is a show of love for the game since OP clearly cared enough to suggest improvements to the game.

1 Like

Absolutely… all forms of Criticism are welcome… even Negative Criticism, (as long as its done right)…

We know Members are very passionate about the Game and Direction it is going in, but… one problem is… you will not please everyone… so damned if you do… damned if you dont…

But yeah, we know how important Criticism is and even why some may leave the game or have a break etc…

This is the part I was taking note of tho, focus on the main issues, because that is what gets taken back as feedback to the Devs etc…

3 Likes

giphy (1)

1 Like

And another one bites the dust.

RIP War Thunder

This funny for sure but it is a sign of the game dying.Cue a million posts about the lack of quality of top tier players and ODL ,this is why make no mistake. Long term players are leaving the game and the game is doing nothing to stop them or address the reasons for the exodus.

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt : )

I don’t see Gaijin making much effort to please anybody.The same old issues are what they were when I started.
The changes made to maps ,who asked for these and how did they ask for them? Gaijin don’t run surveys on here or in the game so how can you say changes are made for the people at the peoples behest?

You are a forum moderator,Don’t you have any issues with the maps and their rotation? Do you not ask what is happening,do you know anymore than we do? Why do we have a forum so full of questions and so few official answers?

2 Likes

You have 1/3 of his battles, you’ll reach that point eventually

1 Like

Everything is fine and amusing so long as veterans and top tier players leaving does not impact the game in any way.So the OP with 30k games goes and a kid with Mommy’s credit card and one Top tier premium vehicle replaces him.No problem, right?

This one

1 Like

It’s the young and impatient, I won’t blame them.

Most of my friends quit long ago, I only got 2 left and their work times are different than mine so its hard to play together.
When we do have time we rather enjoy something fun like Lethal Company, Hell divers, Project Zomboid or the custom PvE mission I mentioned a while ago.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, these younglings don’t upset me, and as I think its a forever goodbye, who knows what the future holds, but at this current state, I won’t touch the game so soon. Stay safe

Today I removed War Thunder from my computer. The game has the potential to be great but there are just too many issues with it in its current state as a ground arcade player. War Thunder is the only game that I’ve played that gets worse as time goes on instead of improving and getting polished. More content is added, but the old content always suffers. Things that should be fixed are left broken while things that have no business being touched get all the attention. In certain areas it tries to be as realistic as possible, but then your APHE gets stopped by a chain link fence or a 2x4 piece of wood but goes straight through certain light tanks without the fuse activating.

I also find that you get punished if you play too well. If you play horribly or come back from a break, all luck is in your favor. But, get 10-12+ kills for several games and after a certain threshold your luck drops to zero and it feels like you’re playing at a much higher difficulty than everyone else.

Then the game’s netcode sucks when you play against players with a high ping. They rubber band around the map and become very difficult to hit because the position you see on your screen isn’t where the server sees them. And it’s not my computer/internet/etc. because ALL PLAYERS would be affected by rubber banding… not just one player’s tank.

4 Likes

One of the many good things lost in the switch from the old forum is the system which required having played at least three matches in the past week to be able to post…

2 Likes

he actually reposted this on reddit… lmao

How useful you’ve been so far.
And not a “repost”, I did both at same time.

We’re sad to see you go, and as I’ve only been playing for 6 years I haven’t reached this stage yet, but I have to agree with a lot of your points, honestly the only reason I’ve stayed is because of the money I’ve spent, and it’s one of the only games my laptop can play - intel i5-10210U with Intel UHD 620 - but I definitely agree it’s gone downhill, back in 2018 when I started, I think it was the best stage I’ve seen this game.

I get the thing about custom battles being fun, so maybe you could join a discord server or such to do customs in, I know many multiple that have them often, convoy attack/defense, large scale battles and even historical battles etc

2 Likes

It’s like 10.7 worthy at most. It has a 10 second reload, and it lacks any sort of modern MBT stuff except a stabilizer. It trades everything to get an incredible shell. At 11.7 it would have 0 advantages over anything it faces. Plus, the 2S38 isn’t 11.7 worthy either, but it is still undertiered.

1 Like

The standard reply a couple of years ago was for everybody to laugh and post funny memes about a perceived dramatic exit( I certainly did ) but now we see the game collapsing at top tier and many top leaving or acting as refugees and moving down the tiers to make a home lower down.

Somebody showed me a game he had with something like 6 a side in GRB top tier,apparently common ,Also half the team gone after one life in another game.

So keep laughing at those leaving ,keep telling me the game is not dying.

I too bailed for about 6 weeks after they messed with a couple of my favorite maps and ruined them. I also quit premium and removed my credit card.

2 Likes