DB L 4500 A mit 7,5 cm Le.I.G 18 L/12

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I would like to suggest this mobilies 7,5 cm gun merely placed on the back of the DB L 4500 A truck similar to the japanese Type 94 Truck (Type 41) - Literally Out Of Ideas
Which (with the back flap down) could be used in game to move fast to a well position and shoot at single targets or groups with high rate of fire directly or over hills and obsticals and drive off the other direction afterwars like the Valentine. As well as it would add more Trucks to the german TT which are still missing currently.

The DB L 4500 A was the all drive variant of the DB L 4500 Truck which was one of the most common trucks along its mostly identical DAG-MB L 4500 Truck and was widely used and often on the field by crew and also by factory armed with a multitude of guns from 2 cm to 5 cm Flaks as well as an array of AT guns including this light infantry guns. It of course was also used as troop, ammo carrier as well as arty traktor and with different options on the flatbed also as ambulance and a multitide of difference rolls.

Pictures:(Click to show)

The Gun:
7,5 cm Le.I.G 18 L/12
Elevation: -10° to +75° Traverse: +/-12° Reload: 3 secs (or faster for ballancing, cince it is very small ammo, no kinetic rounds and very low velocity) and 8mm Armored shield.

The smaller brother to the allready in game 15 cm s.I.G 33 L/12.
It was a light infantry support weapon and even smaller and lighter than the allready familiar 7,5 cm KwK 37 L/24, just even smaller and special in multiple ways.
With development in 1927, the name 18 was a mere trickery duo the versailles treaty prohibiting the german army to develop new guns and making it instead look like a late WW1 development.
It came with a armored shield with round edges and in 2 variants, with wooden wheels or pneumatic. There was also a Gebirgs variant that could be broken down into 6 to 10 pieces for easy transport.
Designed to be used along the 3,7 cm Pak L/45 to support infantry and multy tasking (with Heat shells later on) it could be used in a multitude of rolls duo to its designe.

Its designe is quite special as it doesnt have a moving breechblock, instead the Barrle is like a break action, moving up.

Pictures about the gun:(Click to show)

In a sence it could be considdered a keypiece between mortars and guns, because of its elevation of -10° to 75° and its Semi fixed ammo (except HEAT shells had fixed shells as they were allways fired at full charge as well as to speed up) with 1-5 charges the ammo could be fired at 95 m/s and 500m range to 221 m/s and 3500m as such it could be prepared to fire at high angle indirectly like a mortar with charge 1 rounds with up to 20 rpm (3 sec reload or even higher cince it lacks any kinetic rounds and is very low velocity)

In game it could be then used to fire HEAT shells with great penetration (115mm/all ranges) at high RPM from good positions or over obsticals at singe enemys or multiple as well as fire a great amount of smoke shells to obstuct enemys, create smoke screens to either hinder the enemy or conseal your own troops advances. If you feel lucky you could even try shooting some biplanes.

Ammo:
It has 6 Shells, however only 3 should be implemented which i show below, the rest are mere different versions that are game play wise worse, the 5th is a incendary verion and the 6th is a mere indicator round.

7,5 cm I.Gr. 18 (Bo.Pr) HE (no Tracer) 5,45 kg 680g Fp.02 und Np.10 (870,4g TnTa) 212-220 m/s

Bo.Pr stands for Bohr Pressstrahl (Drilled and pressed steel, these were cheap alternatives to increase production beyond standart ammo)

7,5 cm I.Gr. 38 Hl/A HEAT (no Tracer) 2,85 kg 520g H.5 (884g TnTa) 220-250 m/s 115mm/10m

7,5 cm I.Gr. 18 Nb Smoke (no Tracer) 5,5 kg 50g Smoke stuff 212-220m/s

The Vehicle:
The DB L 4500 A (seen above)
Length 7860mm Width 2350mm Height 3345mm
Wheelbase 4600mm
Height from the ground 340mm
Waterdepth 800mm
Turningcyclediameter 19,3m (can someone tell me if that is good or bad?)
Carriengcapacity 4685 kg on the street and 4085 kg when driving offroad

Maximal allowed full weight 10400kg and 570 kg gun
Topspeed 66 kph and 43 kph offroad

112 Hp OM 67/4 engine (Diesel) at 2250 rpm 350 nm at 2250 rpm
Amor: 8mm angled gunshield

Source:
Munition des Le.I.G 18 L/12
Geschossringbuch I
Manual of DB 4500 A
Bundesarchiv
Military Intelligence Service, Special Series No. 14, May 25, 1943 USA War Department

1 Like