Why is Strela 9.3 and Lvrbv 701 9.7

Name one thing that the Lvrbv is better in and I will name you two for the Strela.

SACLOS guided longer range.

Strela missile are faster and can pull more g

1. Anti-tank and by extension Self defense and offense
  2. Stealthy locking through IRST
  3. Range
  4. Anti-helicopter duty
  5. Killing stand-off CAS
  6. Swatting drones

To name a few.

1. Only 2 missiles less than the Strela. Needs to reload after every shot.
    2.Only 35 degree of gun elevation (compared to 80). Turret traverse of 21.3 Degree per second(compared to 85).
    3.Already covered this.
    4.Doesn’t have a real line up. Can’t fully rotate the turret.
    5.Strela’s missile have a higher explosive mass. Lvrbv has to grind for the better missile.
    6.Not really.

One swats drones before they can complete a launch. The other just doesn’t.

Can still do 90° target tracking and successfully launch on those targets. While annoying, you can still do your job. So while true, not how id frame it given how very differentlt they work.

We are talking about the vehicle here right?

And while in some sense this is true, effective speed difference especially at long range targets, is better, the same or outside the range of Strela. So functionally negligable.

[quote=“DiamondLag, post:6, topic:67675”]
One swats drones before they can complete a launch. The other just doesn’t.
[/quote] I thought you meant scouting drones. And how do you expect me to attack a drone that is high above me with only 35 degree of gun elevation?

[quote=“DiamondLag, post:6, topic:67675”]
Can still do 90° target tracking and successfully launch on those targets. While annoying, you can still do your job. So while true, not how id frame it given how very differentlt they work.
[/quote] I need to aim at something to shoot it down. How do you expect me to do this?

ok Strela has fire and forget missiles

I couldn’t find anything about the average missile speed but ok. Strela has a machine gun.

This might be the definition of grasping at straws lol.

Machine gun is better than SAM missile with 200mm of pen?

You look at it. Drone spawns within that engagement sphere way into your engagement range. If its above you, then it has fired both is missiles a long time ago and is at that point just scouting for its squadmates.

You lock the target, fire and go third person camera. You go make some tea and the target is dead when you come back.

It is funny that 3 of your points were the same point tho: “Strela has better traverse”

Ayy something real. Strela has 1 very distinct advantage, and thats by it being a different SAM vehicle. Its a better close range spaa.

Why you would ever bring up the Lvrbv as a comparison is kinda beyond me as they are different types of spaa.

For removing bushes and fences?

Didn’t knew that but it’s really unreliably.

Because both are SPAAs and Strela is clearly better but it has a lower battlerating.

Strela should realistically be 10.3+ It’s only at 9.3 because of the tree it is in.

1 Like

Unfortunately they’ve pretty much stopped changing the br of vehicles that gained/lost something. Now gaijin need 3+ months to collect STatISTiCs…

As soon as the next massive br corrections come out, strela will definitely go up.

M247 and Strela are both spaa. They have distinct qualities that have them be better at different things.

More apt comparison would be the Mistral carriers or Stinger carriers at similar BRs. Those are of the same kind as Strela and should and do actually perform well at closer range SPAA duty.

The 701 covers a target spectrum beyond the capability of Strela.

I mean, yeah it removes those really effectively. But also, are we really grasping at bushes here?

I honestly don’t care for all the numbers.

Let’s see how they effect the battles they are in.

I play 10.3 Sweden these days and im dumb enough to play the Draken and Viggen.

how often do i see a Lvrbv (or even an ASRAD which i only 0.3 under the bloody tunguska LOL) dominate and kill everything that moves 3 inches above the ground?

Never tbh, they can get some kills, but that’s it.

SOOOO?

how often do i see a Strela completely dominate and keep the sky clear?

I would say… between 10% and 20% of all matches.

The Strela is insane, and people who are denying this are turning the blind eye.

3 Likes