Vympel R-73 'ARCHER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

My performance is the metric for measuring planes in WT now? Get a hold of this guy LMAO. Check my stats in Mirage F1C-200. I have 3 KD in that garbage intolerable thing. “bUt iT mEAnS thE pLanE iS greAt”

2KD in the lightning F-53 as well. Both garbage planes. Me playing well does not mean the plane is great.

5.5 KD in the J-7D (NOT J-7E, J-7D, THE MIG-21 MF AT 11.0) WOW MIT MUST BE BETTER THAN MIG-21 BIS THEN!!! MAKE IT 11.3 NOW!

1 Like

F-16C eats SMT in every aspect, in ground RB you can’t avoid aim-9m because you can’t even see it fired at you

2 Likes

Your performance is the metric for measuring how well you perform with an aircraft and its weapons in WT. The fact you claims regarding different aircrafts don’t match your performance between said aircrafts proves your view is either skewed, or you’re lying out of personal gain/preference, ie: bias.

Very true, every time i die in SMT in ground its because invisible 9M

2 Likes

Maybe you have skill issue and need to accept this, you completely ignored my other own stats examples with other planes.And all of them are GARBAGE PLANES i have good KD in. Find a better arguement.

The fact that you even think SMT comes close to F-16C because my stats are good shows you are trolling and baiting or you are an agitator troll

bUt, buT mUh bIAss !

1 Like

896 RP for respawn 29smt with 2xKH29TE and 2xKAB-500Kr + 2xR73,
600 iirc for 6xR73 and ~700 for 4xR73,2xR27ER/ET, correct me if im wrong.
How much for F-16C with A2G loadout?

1 Like

This is typical of users in this forum, if they disagree with you and think otherwise it immediately flies “BIAS” without any arguments

1 Like

Your lightning F.53 is 1.8 KDR which isn’t anything particularly unique and is even a little low for you, not 2.0, and your J-7D has 15 games, not 100+ like all the other planes.

The SMT really isnt struggling as much as you pretend it is, nor is the R-73. As I said, they have their issues, but they’re far from awful.

1 Like

Btw the belt you use for your guns add a good bit of spawn points to

1 Like

Unfortunately the forums are filled with unreasonable people with vested interests.

2 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, because these planes are bad, you tend to play safer. Since you cant out dogfight an F-16 you stay safe in your Mirage or MIG. Have you thought about that?

I have 2.2 KD in MIG-21S (R-13-300) over 400 matches. IT MUST BE GREAT TOO THEN, FACING AIM-9Ls MAGICS WITH NO FLARES AND ONLY 10G MISSILES THEN I GUESS. SINCE MALEKITTH HAS GOOD KD IN IT IN 400 MATCHES , IT MUST BE A GOD TIER PLANE

1 Like

Then add it to the thread, instead of as a reply to my post. As simple as that.

1 Like

Im sure that is not what you and mythos are doing in this thread seeing you both have a hate boner for anything USSR and tend to pop up in USSR threads just to derail the threads

1 Like

You keep thinking that bud

You keep spamming in USSR threads bud

1 Like

Why are you throwing a deranged temper tantrum now lmao. You’re literally strawmanning this argument so hard its becoming embarrassing xD

As I’ve said over and over again, I never claimed the MiG-29SMT or R-73 were “god tier” or even as good as the F-16C, I said you perform better in the SMT than in the F-16C, so your performance isnt matching your claims of how terrible the R-73 and MiG-29SMT are.

There are tons of reasons for variance in performance, comfort in an airframe or with a weapon type being one of many. But if the MiG-29 was as bad as you claimed it was, id expect you to perform much worse in it than you are.

A hate boner for USSR things? Not really lol, I ground out the russian TT to get my hands on the MiG-29 and eventual Su-27 because like most gen 4 planes, I am tremendously interested in them. I think they take a unique approach to aircraft design, particularly considering some of their technological constraints. I’m not a fan of earlier soviet designs, but I don’t actively dislike them like I dislike the F-5 for example. I like to have a realistically modelled, decently balanced, and non-handholdy game, and that’s what I preach on the forums. Also, I think its laughable you pretend I go around derailing threads. Making valid comparison’s between the threads topic of discussion and other comparable systems seen in-game is not “derailing”. You and the group of deranged pro-russian post flaggers derail more than anything with your inane screeching about how much gaijin hates everything russian and your habits of flagging any post you dislike

Stay on topic instead.

3 Likes

But you do have a hate boner for USSR.

Even a beloved SIM community member named Squishface apparently made a post about you, just found out.

You make posts about USSR on every possible platform it seems.

Not gonna share the links to reddit i am not a doxer (even though it is public and 1 google search containing 1 word away) but just search MythicPi on google, people even made reddit posts about how much BS this guy spreads lol.

He has made unironic “Russian bias” posts on the net as well.

Then he comes here saying dont have a problem with USSR. LMAO.

2 Likes

What are you on about you derail everything

2 Likes

Thats your argument?

I have a “hate boner” for the USSR because I posted a heat map about german air winrates 2+ years ago, and said that AIM-7E sparrows were “underappreciated or underused” and “meta defining” 2+ years ago? Or is it because I said it was unfair to give Russia the Pantsir while no other nation had anything that could compete?

Or maybe it was my posts complaining about the MiG-28? Oh wait, thats the F-5, an american plane that cosplayed as a russian one. I see the confusion.

Squishfaces deranged rant on reddit aside, the reason I interact with Russian discussion threads are;

1. they are some of the most active threads for the aircraft section (granted most of it is just whining/rambling/coping)
  2. I have russian aircrafts and would like them to be modelled accurately, just like I’d like for any other vehicle I play or play against quite a bit to be modelled accurately.

Maybe stop derailing the topic with your angry accusations and go find something productive about the R-73 instead, since I doubt my reddit history or the ramblings of another redditor from 2+ years ago are particularly relevant to the topic at hand

4 Likes

seeker shuts off for 3 seconds the code line youre looking for is “prolongationTimeMax”, most missiles with seeker shut off IRCCM do not have rejectionreactiontime, I suspect its something to do with how it decides to prolongate itself when a flare is present in FOV, (like a delay in heading?)

2 Likes