Update 2.59.0.59

  • S-75 and HAWK SAM systems now deactivate their search and tracking radars when threatened by anti-radiation missiles (ARMs) at medium to long ranges.

Um… how would they know they are “threatened by anti-radiation missiles”? It’s a passive rocket. It doesn’t emit anything. So how the SAM system would know the ARM is approaching?

I’m confused here.

3 Likes

What a fall from grace this gamemode had. I remember the first and second iterations of this mode were actually fun and supported ALL playstyles.

Please can we bring back the old systems were it was just 2 nations against each other? It’s too much. Do US vs USSR. Britain vs France. Germany vs Sweden. Israel vs Italy. Maybe it’s just me but it gave the mode so much more character.

Also, use this mode to break up problematic BR ranges. Make 12.3-13.0 a BR range since they suffer against 13.3+.

3 Likes

Oh, so weapons that were made to destroy radars will be kinda useless against them because somehow radars will detect them, but they still wont be able to notice GBU-39/53 swarm flying towards them for like 10 minutes??

2 Likes

No, not all of them. Some of them see GBU39/53. Because… apple juice!

2 Likes

NE SAMs need nerfs, not buffs. They’re already ridiculous with their firing ranges (not effective range, I meant the range at which they fire at you and the frequency which is totally unrealistic. Why the hell would they launch at someone just taking off from 100-150km away? Short story short, they wouldn’t). And let’s not get started on the ridiculous SPAA’s lack of bullet drag (and thus insane range) and excessive numbers of units? All of these need to be addressed by nerfing AA, not making them even more powerful. Does Gaijin just have it backwards?

1 Like

I agree with the BR ranges, but I feel odd about having only 2 nations in NE especially now that it’s a permanent mode