Underwater Trajectory is too severe right now

As ‘disappear of shell when impact on water bug’ fixed, shell went deep underwater and detonate ammo storage is being severe. Yes maybe it can help undetonatable Helena and Scharnhorst not get detonated, but has more problem over cruisers and battleships. Now even Hood, Marlborough, Scharnhorst, who were capital ships with one of best ammo module layout, detonate easily even in medium range of 6~7 km.

This is total nonsense, both in realistic and balance perspective. If I know correctly, in most of WT naval’s combat range of 2~13 km, most of shells would be unable to went trough water and ‘ricochet’ on the waterline(Tell me if I’m wrong). Also, for balance perspective, british battleships, who has firepower problem(due to the short fuze time and bad dispersion of 15’'), was able to barely follow the current naval battles due to their invulnerable from ammo detonation. Now it is all gone and we have no reason using british capital ships.

I know lots of reports were made and developers may have notice this, but noticing isn’t enough. This is severe problem. They need to fix ASAP.

4 Likes

This is pretty serious problem. it makes many users not to reserch and play the capital ship.
So a few users have written reports on this, but developers are constantly ignoring it.

2 Likes

I ran a test in my shooting range user mission and managed to detonate 5 battleships in 6 salvos with… 203mm gun

And yes, Scharnhorst can be oneshot by 203mm diving shells too:

Since update I’ve rarely seen battleships last longer than 3 salvos. Yesterday I even had a battle where I killed a guy’s battleships in one single salvo three times in a row:

This is outrageous

7 Likes

I read about this and took my Newport News out for a spin this update to try it out. Turns out, I detonated a Fuso at a range of even 12 km which I have not been able to do before.

1 Like

Certainly adjustments need to be made, but since the Type 91 AP shells are designed to increase the effectiveness of underwater shells, please don’t forget to make adjustments to differentiate the travel distance and the probability of underwater shells occurring between Japanese shells and other shells.

This is impossible as for the current game code ability as all shells’ underwater trajectories were hard-coded in an universal definition. FYI the current diving shell performance in game even overperforms Type 91 irl by 2~3 times margin.

2 Likes

The developers are looking into it.

4 Likes

Well, is it related?

No.

Yeah it seems not.
Additional question

Calibre to distance in water table changed :

What did this mean? This mean distance that shells went through water increased? Or least distance for shell to went through water increased?

Yes, in La Royale update all calibre of shells had their maximum travel distance in water increased by ~25%

1 Like