Transfer Xbox account to PC issue

you can bind an email to your xbox account to be able to play it on a PC -

the difference to ‘transferring’ a xbox account is that it will still be a xbox account instead of a ‘fully fledged’ pc account so you cannot use the market place and Gaijin store etc but still have to use the microsoft / xbox store (and have to unlock purchases on the xbox) and if you buy a vehicle pack on the xbox that is coming with premium account time the (additional) premium time will not be available on the PC (the vehicle itself will be available though)

however with the recent changes to ‘running the game from Steam’ this won’t work as you don’t get a login screen (where you can enter you xbox account details) by default so you either have to use the standalone client, use the ‘launch manual game update’ option on Steam, run the WT launcher in the game folder manually or edit a settings file…

most easy way would be to bind an email to your xbox account (follow the instructions) and use the WT standalone client imho

2 Likes
  1. First, do this while you’re on your console https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/360002134397-How-to-link-your-Xbox-account-to-your-e-mail
  2. Don’t use the Steam version, you won’t be able to login in it
  3. You can run launcher.exe in the folder where you have the game downloaded, then login with the email you binded at step 1
  4. You will be able to purchase GE in Gaijin store, but not vehicle packs, for that you still have to go to your Xbox and buy them from console first.

Can you still fully transfer over a console account to PC or is that not being done anymore?

This service is suspended currently.

3 Likes

Hello gromvoiny, I remember this service has been suspended for nearly a year! The 2023 is about to see its end, will the etc be available this year?

4 Likes

I would like to know this as well.

3 Likes

No pack sale and No transfer service. Is there no way out for the xbox account?

3 Likes

No still nothing! They don’t even give you an update.

3 Likes

And another month has past and still nothing. A real shame, how hard is it to just give an update?? Only so we know how long it might take. Maybe we can wait for another year,… than it might make sense to just start over.

4 Likes

As of December 2023, it has been nearly a year since transferring console accounts to PC was disabled. Will it ever be re-enabled ever again? If so, is there an estimated date?

Thank you

1 Like

Maybe next year. But you chose the wrong forum for this topic. It’s not possible to use existing War Thunder account on Steam anyway, only create a new one.

2 Likes

什么时候再次开启

Okay,… we’ll wait for a bit more news.
Always nice to see a developer using his precious time to elaborate on such a small topic!

1 Like

Hi. We waited for so much time. Please help us. We want to acess the marketplace and the packs.
Or give us a time, when we are finally able to do this.
Adam

Don’t count on it… it is really a shame how long they keep us waiting. And actually I don’t mind waiting, but the silence treatment we are getting as paying customers is very unproffesional.

account transfer might be open there is no longer a message saying that it is unavailable when i go on the page

yep account transfer is open they are unlinking my account now.

@Smin1080p @gromvoiny sorry to ping you in this but I would like to ask if this is confirmed and account transfers are once again open?

There’s a pinned post about it, so yes.

2 Likes

How freaking awesome… it is finally happening!!!