The aim7m (and f) are the uttermost worst missile in the entire game right now

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yup just about, everytime i use them, they miss. @InterFleet https://youtu.be/4PTLMBZ_Sfk

1 Like

Only watching from my phone but the missile didn’t have enough energy to hit the target. The intercept path seemed to be correct but you can see the speed drop below target speed as it goes from side to rear aspect.

4 Likes

this has happened to almost every missile of the aim 7 sparrow missile i’ve fired, even in head-ons, to the point i’ve just stop playing top tier jets tired of dying, this is also the second missile i fired, the first missile just vanished.

1 Like

Right, I’m not disputing it does some less than ideal stuff but that shot wasn’t one. At a glance anyway.

1 Like

show me another radar missile that does this?

1 Like

Your video? Any missile. It missed due to kinematics nothing else. OP’s video, Skyflash has done that for me. But I don’t have alot of experience with the R24/27 missiles.

4 Likes

You should have seen the F-15A’s AIM-7Ms on release
They’d do math about as wrong as old Pentiums and plot bad intercepts constantly
They don’t do that as bad anymore thankfully but it took a month or so

Aside from that the 7M should be a better Skyflash since from what I’ve read its a cumulative upgrade over the American AIM-7s and the British Skyflash incorporating everything the brits learned, but in game is just a copy paste of the 7F

3 Likes

when the aim 7m first released, and the F-16s had it, this issue never appeared. Then it started happening one day.

1 Like

The 27ER would probably hit in this case, but like you said, that’s just because it has a ridiculous delta-V compared to every other SARH. GJN in their infinite wisdom.

2 Likes

had this funny one today, first one goest stupid, second one just doesn’t care, third one outright kills me

2 Likes

I mean the old Pentiums only rarely had that math bug occur, so this would mean the AIM-7s are generally good and only fail in specific occasions.

1 Like

Bros never used skyflash, serious note all sparrows are wonkey but the F and M are literally the best of the sparrows.

1 Like

Shut up you’re ruining my metaphor

But it was a pretty regular thing with 7Ms for a couple months til they fixed it
So bad that I just went back to playing the F-4S and MIG-23

0:30 in the video the missile starts going right for some reason. Note that it is still burning. Now would it have the energy is an other question, but it looks like a guidance issue to me.

Second missiles seems to be “hesitating” at the beginning of the burn, then decides to continue at co-altitude with the launching aircraft instead of going downwards to the target

EDIT : wrong video, i meant OP post

You fired way outside their practical range, and your opponent went defensive. What did you expect?

It’s pulling lead on the target you fired on, y’know, to hit it? lol

If you look at the radar, it does not correspond. It’s pulling way too hard. Only way to be sure is by checking the sensor view i suppose.

To be clear, i observed that bug on multiple SARH, it’s not unique to sparrow

You do know the Gripen has Skyflash DFs right? That are a LOT worse than Aim-7

I have not laughed this hard at war thunder