T-34s driver hatch is back being way to effective

So parts of armour splitting being unmodeled is fine but this isnt?

It should be considered just as any other hatch.
T-34 isnt only tank with hatch in front.

Quality doesn’t matter when it’s a design flaw and it’s pointless to argue about armor quality when ever tank in WT has the same armor.

2 Likes

Which other hatch? There are maybe 2 other vehicles that have a hatch at the front.

1 Like

Tiger II was not splitting due to construction itself, but due to faulty production. Which happened to some tanks and did not happen to others.
The game assumes every tank is of good quality, so we can’t just give all KTs bad seams by default.

1 Like

Then why isn’t the poor quality of german steel modelled?
vtq1tdospt821
Or why are spontane ammo explosions not modelled in tanks, like the Sheridan?

Short answer: You can go so far with realism.

The driver hatch was intentionally nerfed the entire time.
Now it’s back being the strongest part of the armor which doesn’t make sense.

Giving it an armor modifier to make it just as effective as the rest of the armor, without geting knocked off when hit, still gives it better performance than in RL.

1 Like

On the later models yes, and it makes sense. You know, 75>>45.

Which is true to many other tanks.

Like?

It’s a 75mm plate, placed ontop of a 45mm armor cut-out attached by a hinge.

That’s like holding a 50mm plate of armor and saying: Shoot me with a 37mm gun, it won’t harm me.

Probably the only reason they increased the thickness to 75mm was so that when it gets hit it doesn’t get bend out of shape and can be reattached.

2 Likes

Basically any other with similar style hatch held on with a hinge.

The issue with it is what i have already said. If you want this to be implemented, then others, like tanks randomy exploding, catching on fire, modules getting destroyed, etc must be implemented too. This would amke the game unplayable.

Yeah, which vehicle do that? I can’t think of a single one.

There are some vehicles that have escape hatches on the sides, which are the only ones coming to mind.

1 Like

You answered it yourself.

So you admit basically only T-34 strongly benefits from treating this hatch like this and your statement about “many other tanks” was dumb. Good.

1 Like

A thicker plate has more armor? OMG, this is some new discovery for humanity!

So you failed to understand the entire point of this topic, yet you still feel the need to discuss. You shouldn’t discuss anything. You should consume tiktok feed and perform some undemanding physical job, because that’s all your brain is capable of on its best day.

4 Likes

I understand it. They want to make it more “realistic”. They just fail to understand, that then a wide variety of other issues would have to be implemented, such as ammo randomly exploding, tank randomly catching on fire, track falling off, etc.
This would be extremely difficult to implement, as well as not fun at all.
You can go just so far with “realism” before it makes the game unplayable.

Yeah, why would you use arguments, when you can just insult people.
It tells a lot about your intelligence, or rather, the severe lack thereof.

Nope.

Yes, they would have to, because you can not just go full yolo with something like this, and not care about the others.

But, just for a bit let’s grant you that it is implemented.
Then, there are things, like armor quality. This would make german tanks unplayable, when your Tiger 2 gets hit a few times, and then the frontal armor just breaking.
If one tank’s armor part breakes off, you would have to implement this to every single tank, that has this kind of issue.

In the current way, it is a thicker plate. It will have more effective armor.

Since there have been different suggestions about it (hatch falling off, or giving it a modifyer to be weaker), i don’t know which one you would want.
However none of these would be possible for the reasons i said.
You can not just make a single tank with things like these, and call it a day, because you are incapable of penning the tank with your german wunderwaffe.
A T-34 is not some bias OP tank. It is just like toms of other vehicles at it’s BR.

And more insults.
Maybe return if you have an actual argument instead of acting like a butthurt child who did not get another candy bar.

They said a long time ago they’re not adding armor deformation to the game because you can’t easily indicate it to the player and it doesn’t add value to the game.

If armor deformation existed and armor quality was a thing then you’d see armor cracks, welds breaking, tanks with rivets spalling their own crew, and even shells that don’t fully penetrate the armor would still injure the crew. Shell weight would have to be a factor as well because there’s tanks that shoot 40kg+ lb shells.

The T-34s armor is a bill troll anyway. The drivers hatch and turret face are a crab shoot.