Super Étendard

Where is it?

Already reported and acknowledged

superb job!

Mach 1.3 is the maximum speed that can be achieved in a dive. Max speed for level flight was mach 0.97 at sea level and mach 1 at 30,000 feet.

As per source
http://air-defense.net/journal/book/les-caractéristiques-techniques
https://www.scalemates.com/books/la-saga-etendard-tome-1-histoire-laviation-23-jean-marie-gall--109137
(First link is just an online free version of the book in the 2nd link)

It’s discussed in a few sources. The S3s needed one SEM to designate, and another to carry the AS30LSs or GBU-12s. The SEM on dev is seemingly an S4 variant, but missing additional features.

CCRP is missing on the Super Etendard in game too. Reported
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/n7OKDM2szMoe

I hope that an effort will be made on the painting of the plane. in its current state, it’s really “disgusting” (wrong roundels, etc…)

where did they say that?
i’ll be happy to proved them wrong

On the report of their bug report Platforms, Mr Westland answer that to me, After that he locked the topic

I think originally they were planning on making the SuE a SEM 3, thus why Smin had said that. But it’s def a SEM 4 at this point just based on the countermeasures, but as I said, I don’t even think the devs know what they’re doing with it at this point…

It’s Magic 2 here, correct ?

1 Like

The report was denied because the sources were considered unreliable, I looked at them myself as well and could easily see why they were denied. I have some actual books on the SuE that should be a reliable enough source and submit a bug report on it myself. Then if that one is denied well, it’s overall just janked and skewed against it. I mean, the fact that we even have to submit a report on this in the first place is just dumb as it is, but it’s Gaijin…

1 Like

let us know when you made the bug report.

Unfortunately they’ve never accepted photos. As dumb as it is. But the reason behind that is because there is some instances of aircraft carrying weaponry simply because the pylon is capable but the aircraft itself is not capable of using it.

A good example would be the Mirage F1CT, irl it can actually carry LGBs, and unlike what I said above, it can actually use them as well. The problem is that the Mirage F1CT is the same as the SuE SEM 3 where it can’t self guide the LGBs, it has to rely on buddy lasing which isn’t a thing in-game, at least not yet.

Magic 1 and 2 use the same system so there are no problem

Magic 1 and Magic 2 may use the same system, but not every aircraft necessarily carried Magic IIs. The last of France’s Mirage 3/5s were retired in 1994, and I’ve never once seen anything saying they ever carried Magic 2s.

Same can be said for the Etendard IV, the IVMs which stayed in service until 2000, still only carried the Magic 1, they did however convert some IVMs to IVPs and called them IVPMs and part of that upgrade included the addition of Magic 2s.

Honestly, I’ve always seen the depiction of the IVM that we have in-game as more of an early version before the Magic came out. While sure, having an Etendard with the Magic 1 would be nice to see in-game, I don’t really want the IVM to go up any higher in BR. I’d rather see another Etendard added in-game that’s more of a later version that’d have the Magic 1s.

1 Like

This is what I was more or less afraid of them saying. And @Smin1080p if you ever get around to reading this, I think we all deserve a better reason as to why the Magic 2 can’t be put on the Super Etendard when it’s at the same BR as the A-10A Early and Su-25K that get their all-aspect missiles.

I don’t think simply calling it balance is really going to fly here considering the circumstances. If it was a supersonic I think we’d understand, but we’re talking about a subsonic aircraft. I think even moving it to 10.3 if necessary just because it is just slightly faster than the Su-25 would even be better than simply denying the Magic 2.

2 Likes

i mean from what im hearing magic 2 is getting irccm which if modeled how it was reported it would have better irccm than aim9M and R73 i would honestly rather it stay at 10.0 with magic 1 than go up to 11.3 because it has a missile nearly impossible to flare

They don’t implement any IRCCM on the Magic 2 for the moment and IRCCM missile actually are less flares resistant than 9L