Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

no

2 Likes

I don’t know where to ask, so I’ll try here. The Su 27 is equipped with the Ekran system, can anyone compare the Ekran system with the BIT system on US aircraft? I think the difference is that Ekran can tell the pilot what to do and what to check, BIT just shows where the fault is.

Guess that didn’t make it to the live game?

Bit of shame, its a neat detail.

1 Like

Well, at least there is now distance information on the RWR and you have vertical coverage (though it does not tell you the direction)

İ believe it will come with upcoming FoX-3 uptade.

They planned to introduce every single Soviet aircraft that has but didnt have time for it i guess.

1 Like

Yeah, very nice to have now.

Fair enough, its not gamebreaking not having it, I just like the attention to details.

1 Like

Could someone explain to me in an objective way why a plane like the f14B, which is heavier than the su27 in practically any fuel configuration, can retain better energy than the su27?

the f14B’s engines are weaker, it weighs more in similar configurations (for example, min fuel the f14b weighs 21,868 kg clean config, while the su27 with min fuel weighs 19,240 kg)

at the same time, the f14b with min fuel and clean config can make 1.24 of twr
while the su27 with min fuel and clean config can make 1.63 twr

the f14 can still be a super versatile aircraft, if used the flaps in important moments the f14 can beat the mig29 in 1c, even the su27 since after 1 loop below 800km/h you will have no energy for practically anything…apart from the fact that the f14b it’s great in rate fights

So I would like an objective answer from someone who understands the subject so I can know why people on this thread gave up on fixing the huge drag problem the su27 has

just to add, ofc im talking about the ussr su27 which is the su27S that is lighter than the chinese j11 by 600kg i think…I’m also only talking about flight performance, not including armaments

2 Likes

xDDD

Aerodynamics, low aspect wings have far lower induced drag Aspect ratio (aeronautics) - Wikipedia.
Not saying the F-14 should be better (need to look at manuals etc,) but with same thrust and same weight I would expect the F-14 to rate better

2 Likes

Forget it, the FM in this game is terrible

4 Likes

Why Gaijin keep butchering Su-27?

i found 2 bug

1. Radar missile won’t launch particulary R-27ER, got locked enemy 10km with HDM, missile just refuse to lock, can get locked by the time enemy launched their missile and u get killed by stupid Bug

2. RWR bug, for some reasons in high density situation, RWR is bugged and there isn’t notification at all. There is the sound you are being locked and launched, But there is no pointer at all to tell where the hell you get locked

These 2 stupid bugs made Su-27 became more and more frustating to play

2 Likes

I was just coming in to check up on my fellow Sukhoi fans to see how we are liking the Flanker at moment.

I still think it’s the best jet in Top Tier. No other jet is capable of killing as many opponents in one take off run.

However. To your point. Yes they messed with the Su27s radar and most aircraft’s radars across the board with to a degree. I had multiple instances when I used 4 ERs on a close-range target and none of them tracked.

However, there is a hidden work around to use the ERs to a high degree of accuracy to that of pre update release and I have not had any issue since getting aces etc.

(note to devs. I appreciate the increase to track IR fov)

What else are we missing with the FM bro? I thought we were all caught up, no?

I think it rips a little too easy at the moment, but at least it’s no worse than the F-15.
I think it should fly a little better when really low fuel. Also, its speed recovery should be slightly better after utilizing supermaneuvrability.

My biggest complaint is the radar is still largely unmodelled. But I am hoping that they are just waiting till the active radar homing missile release to unlock the Su27 and F-14 radar strength and precision.

3 Likes

Even though the Su27 is one of the most aerodynamically perfected designs ever. The F-14 has the ability to sweeps its wings back which is not only better for speed retention but supersonic flight. Sweeping its wings further reduces drag over a wide range of Mach numbers.

The Su27 is more highly optimized for both subsonic and supersonic regimes. But primarily subsonic. High alpha, supermaneuvrability etc.

The Tomcat is likewise well made for subsonic and supersonic regimes, but on the flipside, is more optimized for supersonic flight instead. Hence the variable sweep wings and higher speed retention. The F-14s wings on average are always swept back further in degrees than that of the Flanker’s.

Additionally, all of the weapons on the F-14 are stored very close to the fuselage, none on the actual wings which provide less drag as opposed to on the wings like traditional fighters.
When the F-14’s wings are fully swept, it mimics the pattern of the tailless delta wing (though it’s not technically) which is the most aerodynamic wing pattern as we know it.

1 Like

To begin with, fix the geometry in the code. And then I need to look at the graphs that have been entered into the code

1 Like

To me, that’s purely a marketing statement. I checked the number of hours in the wind tunnels and the F-15 has more.

1 Like

It’s not about the hours spent in the pipes. And the aerodynamic perfection of the Su-27 is in the leading positions here

1 Like

For me it is PR of Sukhoi, because it cannot be compared with other planes.

this is not a Sukhoi PR. It is enough to look at the aerodynamic quality of the aircraft

Marketing? the United States and many scientifical organizations from around the world state the same. I can find some documents later today.

You do know what I mean when I said aerodynamically perfected right? That does not mean for one flight regime such as Mach number.