Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

i wouldn’t say that
it more like saying the harrier 1 is the same as the harrier 2

1 Like

These are two different planes. Both in terms of flight qualities and capabilities. The RСS is also reduced

Pilots have their subjective opinions.

@_David_Bowie
Are the developers going to fix this bug?

4 Likes

Is this even reported?

Probably if will be then only in next major update

Yes, and accepted by you

1 Like

If so, please be patient, we can’t tell that.

700 km/h is ± 375 KIAS. ± M 0,59. Am I right?

suchoj nice one

1 Like

At what altitude? 700 TAS

It’s just me, or Su27 FM has been nerfed where right now slight roll in mach 1+ speed will result wing overlord crash??

i really hate random crash shit, almost like using F-14 tomcat

I don’t see any recent FM changes to the Su-27.

Been like this for a long time unfortunately, breaking wings is common.

Especially because of garbage instructor that limits your everything and still somehow manages to increase your risk of structural damage 🤡

1 Like

Damn

I spammed Su27 alot when it was first released, got about 200+ matches
never had wing overlord crash

Then i got back playing Su27, wing overlord crash became way too common, made me stop using it again lol

I kind of got used to it. Haven’t ripped the flanker in awhile. But at least it isn’t as bad as the F15….I am purely su27 now until they do something about it.

Funny Cover of Interavia Vol 44 Iss 7.

Spoiler

Spoiler

At its normal operating weight of 48,400lb, the Soviet Su-27 Flanker has a fuel fraction of 45%, which is 10-15% higher than that of any Western fighter. Its two 27,500lb thrust Lyulka AL-31Fs give it a power: weight ratio at take-off of 1.1:1. The two demonstration aircraft flew from Moscow to Paris non-stop and there is no in-flight refuelling.

About 80% of the wing and centre sec- tion must form integral fuel tankage. Long and short range air-to-air missiles can be carried on ten pylons, some between the engines, and there is a single 30mm gun to starboard. Maximum weight is 66,000lb and maximum Mach number 2.35.

The brilliant demonstration flights, with the controlled wind-up departure and stable recovery of the Cobra manoeuvre and the tail-slide from an 80° climb, illustrate the effectiveness of the quadruplex fly-by-wire system. The Cobra can only be initiated at airspeeds below 200kt, that is, at the airspeed typical of really close-in dogfighting. Almost continuously positive tailplane angles during aerobatic manoeuvring suggest a large degree of static instability. Canadian pilots have performed the Cobra unintentionally in CF-18s during dogfights and recovered easily, but it is not considered routine.

It is said that the pulse Doppler radar has a 4ft antenna diameter for detection at long range, but the system can handle only one target at a time. The pilot has a small radar scope beside the head-up display, as in the MiG-29, and the rest of the cockpit is “PanAm 1975”. Missile seekers can be steered with a helmet-mounted sight. The ejection seat, which performed so well in the MiG-29 accident, weighs no less than 225kg and operates also at Mach 3.

As well as showing an extremely short take-off run, the Su-27 landed slowly and rolled only a short distance without a drag parachute. This is probably made possible by brake-cooling using a fan inside the mainwheel hubs. Sukhoi is developing a STOL Su-27 with a canard and vectoring engine nozzles.

5 Likes

200×1.85=370 km/h
As stated in another book, this description is not correct.And also in the instructions for performing the Cobra maneuver, and where does the F-18 do the Cobra maneuver?

1 Like

It’s just a simple article about the 1989 Paris Air Show. Cold War hadn’t even ended yet, so Soviet officials were unlikely to tell Western reporters about the details.

1 Like

F-18 has always been capable of “Cobra”.

1 Like

It’s not a cobra.

1 Like