Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Yeah that isn’t the case.

First you set your own arbitrary limit of what high subsonic speed is with the lower end being 800 km/h.

You claimed Cobra was hard locked at 450km/h and that any slower it was not controllable. I conclusively proved that wasn’t the case with two cobra videos.

You claimed that all maneuvers associated with the super maneuverability moniker were impossible due to phantom changes apparently only you knew about.

2 Likes

Nope. I was referring to the Jan 18 changes the whole time as they were the last documented changes.

The quote is right there.

You pulled a cobra at 700km/h…which is lower than the low end of what you described as high subsonic speeds.

And airliner is used as an example of a plane that travels at high subsonic speeds.

It is performing identically to the way that it has been for the past month.

It has nothing to do with energy management; the F-16 and F-15 just have better sustained turning and energy characteristics. Super maneuverability is a gimmick of limited usefulness.

Also if you are such a full real controls expert why don’t you come show me how good you are in a sim match? I can set up a 1 v 1.

4 Likes

Every person following the thread can see you’re in the right, no need to continue feeding the troll. I made the same mistake some time ago in the MiG-29 thread and now it has 500+ comments where the problematic user never once posted a single source for their incredulous claims. The same thing is happening here. Baseless assumptions and phantom changes that only they could detect…

Lets get back to discussing the actual changes (the ones we can always see in the datamine)… and on what we can do to fix the FM. Entertaining the troll further is counter-productive and you’re letting him ‘win’ when you reply to him.

4 Likes

I wanted to check this thread out but all the comments are just “off topic” and real salty why is it always the same people making these threads impossible to read…

6 Likes

Here is a direct statement from a long time veteran dataminer. One who works with and learned directly from Gzabi.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 170113

Can we move on from this or you not satisfied? I am not permitted to go into details with anything beyond this. There are parameters you are not permitted to know of or be disclosed in datamine reports that very well alter the behavior of any given model in WT.

The Su27 is great in full real controls. Of course, it’s not going to maintain energy unless you are skilled in a dogfight over the F-16. The F-16 is designed and digitally augmented to maintain energy in turn rate and radius fight.

The Su27 is designed to be balanced (one of the best) in high nose authority and energy recovery. It does great in game. You are not supposed to fly it like an F-16.

Now can we focus on the radar? Or do you have issue with the flight characteristics?

1 Like

3 Likes

If you want argue about nonsense with anybody for hundread messages fro some reason without any result, I beg you just pm him, no need to flood any theme just to other people reading this absolutely uninteresting dialogue.

8 Likes

As Fantom said.

All that matters is that at 800km-900km the ability to execute high angles of attack in full real to conduct aerodynamic techniques associated with supermaneuvrability is at this very moment a reality.

All that matters is that the wing rip threshold to be increased higher than Mach .75 when attempting supermaneuverable regimes and GJ has it set as far as Mach .80+ where it is at this very moment a reality.

These are characteristics were present on the dev server, however now with excellent fine tuning. Its lovely and dynamic deceleration is now tactically feasible in full real without falling out of the sky.

The developers have done an excellent job and no one had to tell them how to do it.

If any one of you has an issue with it,

Report it.

bruh what’s with this constant obsession of proving that ur on the “right” about some idiotic and childish discussions that happened weeks ago? Wtf will you earn with this? So cringe and meaningless, so much for so little lmao.

1 Like

If the radar cannot be implemented fully in the Su27 yet for balancing purposes etc. Do you guys think perhaps we can get action on improving the IRST to historical capability?

1 Like

What i hate about SU-27 is how garbage the RWR and R-73s are, an F-15 just flared 3 of my R-73s in a dogfight <1KM, this thing is utter trash compared to 9M.

Can’t be flared under 1.5 KM my ass, blatant lie, they should change R-73 name to R-60 super

1 Like

idk, i think gaijin is happy with the current plane and will just keep “ignoring” these complaints for now, i still think that when fox3s get added we’ll get a lot of changes regarding these stuff, but without them i’m not so sure.

1 Like

I have to agree from playing the game.

Aim-9Ms are a literal death sentence if someone decides to fire at you anywhere near your 6.

Perhaps the IRST can be modelled better. It is more powerful than the 29 and much bigger. Range should be better, and I personally think its logic as well. I do feel they drastically limited the ET too. Its top speed and is probably just as flare hungry as the Aim9L.

The IRST has a hard time locking F-86 5KM+ lol, and R-73 sometimes feels less flare resistant than 9L for real.

1 Like

You are absolutely right. I noticed that.

I honestly just stopped taking them on the jet. They go after friendlies more than anything and the enemies they do track, ends up falling out of the sky because its reduced range.

SU-27 with full A2A loadout to kill cas F-16 costs like 798 spawn points, but definitely not op UFO F-16C costs like 850 SP to spawn with 9M and shit ton of bombs. Definitely balanced, and the 9Ms are invisible defenders of cas that cannot be flared in ground RB.

1 Like

Rear aspect at 1.5 is deadly, but yeah if you launch in a headon or side aspect and your opponent act quickly it’ll most likely avoid it. I like the r73 tho, i don’t think it’s that bad, i played a lot on the SMT and i found the 27er + r73 combo to be very efficient

1 Like

Gripen flares it rear aspect <1KM, give me R-73 with 9M IRCCM, and 9M can have this garbage IRCCM

3 Likes

Yeah but imo that’s just the gripen being ridiculous, it’s more likely a gripen problem and not a r73 problem… The main issue is the pre flaring of that thing

I dont have a problem shooting gripen with AAM-3 which has same IRCCM as 9M, its a R-73 issue. It’s irccm is implemented like shit or we needed a newer seeker version.

2 Likes