Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

You made this up.

Vapor clouds only form on maneuvering aircraft at 200 knots and above. It caused by pressure of airflow over the wings at angles of attack. Depending on how much vapor can be used to determine airspeed of an aircraft visually. Fighter pilots are trained for this and obviously weigh in atmospheric conditions in calculations as well.

Lol it’s literally in the name.

The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

It’s a multirole fighter and therefore it does not have all the specialized performances as other 5th Generation fighters who’s primary role is air superiority. Mach 2.0 capable, super maneuverability etc.

The F-35 does strike missions, it performs suppression of enemy air defenses missions. It can also perform close air support missions and is literally replacing the A-10. Do you call it a strike aircraft? Do you call it a close air support attack aircraft? WHY NOT? Because it’s a multirole fighter.

To be able to perform these roles the aircraft is not able to be equipped with the high performance of 5th generation air superiority fighters. That is why it is limited on air-to-air capability.

It is not an Air Superiority fighter.

really… Think before you insult people.

A series of films Лучший в мире истребитель, But it’s in Russian
part 1

1 Like

Thanks bro! I checked, I got translation subtitles. Been looking for good eastern documentaries on it. Tired of the generic western ones that don’t go into detail and only over history I already know.

Will follow up with you after I watch them.

It also performs CAP and is being upgraded to be able to hold just as many AMRAAMs internally as the F-22. It has better sensors and more situational awareness features which benefit an ASF. It directly replaced F-15Cs in the air superiority role, that is really the only evidence needed.

A rather controversial statement
The F-22 has remained an expensive and dead-end branch.The F-35 is a cheap alternative, though.But it is not without drawbacks.And the F-15, like the rest of the 4th generation aircraft, will still be in service for a very long time.After all, there are many factors in War, such as the speed of service, and the cost of it both in people and in money and time

1 Like

Yes, it can perform air to air missions. So can the F-4 phantom and the F-18. Does not mean their air superiority fighters.

The F-15C is not going to be replaced by the F-35 for long. The EX will come in and fill the role the F-35 can never with probably quadruple the amount of Aim-120s the F-35 can ever.

Then what? Russia and china are developing cheaper alternatives such as the F-35 to be the utility trucks of their air forces while the J-20 and Su57 will remain their more capable air superiority fighters.

They directly replaced the F-15Cs in the 493rd FS. And immediately took over the mission set they were filling. I don’t really need to argue any more than that.

3 Likes

Yes, because deliveries of the EX have yet to come.

You came over here swinging with insults. I am merely examining your assumptions and they are falling flat on their face when examined closer. We will leave it at that, thanks for dropping in.

If you do not mind, I would like to talk about the coolest most capable jet in War Thunder. The Su27

You still don’t know what you are talking about. EXs are primarily going to ANG units, for their air defense mission. They were never slated to be sent to Europe.

Because Europe is not our principal threat guy. China is.

They are getting sent to Guam and for air dominance missions over the pacific and South China Sea.

You mean the other place where F-15Cs are being directly replaced with F-35s? Weird…

Because deliveries of the EX have not come in yet my guy. The F-15EX is a fighter that can cover the vast Pacific Ocean much faster than the F-35 and carry tons more Aim-120s. It far superior in patroling the pacific over the F-35 in which the F-22 will dominate where the F-15EX could not.

When the EX arrives the F-35 will be assigned to SEAD and anti-shipping missions. The F-15EX and the F-22 will be assigned air dominance.

F-15EX: Aerial Reinforcement in China’s Backward - MilitaryView

The EX is specifically designed to be placed in the IndoPacific, so who is the F-15EX replacing when it comes if the F-15C was replaced by the F-35?

Are you going to go back your “it’s not going to Europe argument”? then when that falls flat go with “omg F-35s in pacific so it means it’s an air superiority fighter”?

Go away, I want to talk about the Su27 in the Su27 thread.

1 Like

No I’m simply pointing out ‘super-maneuverability’’ is not some essential capability like you claim and is just a mostly useless marketing gimmick for airshows. And I’m doing this with real life examples and employment, unlike anything you have been posting.

1 Like

Then why is China, Russia and the US invested in it and their best fighter jets in service are equipped with the ability?

Because they just want to spend tons of money investing into the technology, maintaining it and further developing it for giggles and Yeehaws?

Or is it for airshows and marketing in which they are the only ones paying for it?

I am asking because it appears that your Su-27 experience is purely limited to playing it in Air RB. I play the plane in Air SB and find the super maneuverability to be useful at some points but I wouldn’t characterize them as a silver bullet.

I am also asking because it seems that you want the plane to lose even more energy at high AoA maneuvers at high speed…which is one of the things that makes the plane extremely easy to play against within Air SB once you understand how it works.

2 Likes

I told you I like to fly privately and in pilotage and make videos.
Are you questioning my full real experience? I also play full real in Air RB.

Appreciate you looking up my stat card though.

Thats cool and it should have been the first thing you opened up with and it could have been a productive discussion instead of fixating on the cobra.

Yeah totally bro. The reason the jet is extremely easy to play in Air SB is because of being able to bleed all your speed in subsonic maneuvers. Allowing a 100km more would make Air SB too easy.

Has nothing to do with 4xR73s, 2xR27ETs. 4xR27ERs, IRST and HMD.

Got it.

I can say your entire experience is purely limited to killing people unaware or with zero time to react with the most accurate and fastest radar missiles available, the best long range and short-range IR missiles in game.
Then what?

You defeated your own argument. You first say supermaneuvrability is not a silver bullet and is useful at some points. Ok…
Then you immediately go on say allowing yourself to bleed more energy in high alpha is what makes the Su27 easy to play in Air SB.

Which is it my guy, make up your mind.

The truth is you do not use supermaneuvrability much in air SB because you literally have a crap ton of the best missiles in game and are equipped with IRST and HMD to boot sniping people before they detect you or have any time to react. Let me guess, you are going to say most of whatever kills you have were not done this way?
You think you are special because you play Sim or what?

It replacing F15s doesn’t make it a air superiority fighter

F/A-18 replaced the navys strike aircraft doesn’t mean its only a strike aircraft

1 Like

The F35 is what the F111 was supposed to be a plane that was for all branches and can do anything the user requires it to do.

1 Like

It exists in eng

1 Like