Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Please make a report and return to us with the link, if you don’t wish to record and upload or make the report I also can.

If I can get away with bug reporting using only screenshots I can put together the report, however my PC is dead atm so im using my laptop so if any recording is needed that is something I cannot do

I can record, just need the fuel setting, loadout, altitude, and speed to hold for the different tests.
I’ll share the videos here and you can file your report.

my testing is done with min fuel (I set it in test flight so fuel is unlimited for consistent testing) and 2 R-73s which puts my mass at 19,900kg (manual is for 20000kg)

all done on the J-11 since its an SK and since its heavier min fuel with R-73s is very close to the the manual’s mass

1 Like

650-700 km/h sustained at 1km shown here;

Appears to be maybe fine at 600 km/h but as you approach 700 km/h it is having a hard time sustaining 7G, only 6.5G.

1 Like

yeah when I originally tested low speed it was correct but at higher speeds its more incorrect, I recommend trying 3km altitude so you can use the full graph to test higher speeds

I think for a strong report a 800-900 IAS speed test would be good alongside the 600-700 test

I did a ~550-600 test just now and no discrepancy. Sustains ~5.5G at 3000m from 600km/h. Testing 800-900 now.

1 Like

yeah seems to further my theory high speed is whats wrong

can the current su27 beat anything in 1c?? (other than delta wings) or nah?

Absolutely. It’s pretty much the best one circle fighter in the game.
For a single turn.

2 Likes

hell yeah, im so happy with that, what about the low speed maneuverability? it should also be one of the best at that if im not wrong

Low speed isn’t very good, quite limited. I think Gaijin did some stuff to make it both unstable and capable of the Cobra (120 degrees nose pitch one…), but also without totally bricking mouse aim. Right now it doesn’t do so hot when it’s real slow.

oh well, lets hope gaijin can fix that

As you can see here no more than 7.4G at 890 km/h… losing speed also (should be 9G!)
Also, at 800 km/h it does no more than ~7G (probably less)… should be 8.5G.

Overall, short more than a full 1G overload between 800 - 900 km/h in sustained turn rate.

this is good, you wanna put together a report or you want me to and I’ll use these videos

You go ahead, just use my video for the report and it should be good to go.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/NnsJ3fscrl7R

3 Likes

f18 irl pilot training against the SU30MKM (su30 did a backflip in the middle of the fight against the f18)
you can’t see it the backflip in the video, but the pilot is saying what’s happening…insane to see the su30 passing while having the f18 at his 6 and suddenly when it appears again it is facing the f18

1 Like

2 Likes

update:

still some inconsistencies the perf difference at the mass they list shouldnt be so high that the report would be invalidated @MiG_23M would you be cool rerunning some tests later in the config the devs claim the graph is for?

1 Like