Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

As far as I know the canards on the Gripen do not simply replace the elevator.
The FBW system decides at all times which angle the canards should be deflected at. For slighter turns they will also sometimes not turn at all and only be directed at the wings to produce more lift. That’s not possible ingame since that’s very complex but the study you linked doesn’t mention at which angles the canards where directed at the different AoA profiles.

It’s entirely possible the FBW controls would set them to different angles at thos AoA angles to avoid those issues at high AoA’s.

in reality, FBW Won’t give you more than 9g and 25-27 AoA

Besides Gs which are x1.5, it gets like 25° AoA in edge cases max in WT as of now. Usually it sits at 23°.

1 Like

Favorite skin so far.

GJ really is pro-western as they literally do not believe Russian doctrine and emphasis on Supermaneuvrability.

They drastically reduced the speed to cobra in a dogfight. Gaijin forces you to get extremely slow first and stalls you out or rip your wings. They have removed all design feasibility from the aircraft since dev server.

the aircraft performed perfectly 900km cap. Now its 700k or below. That is hyper slow.

I am utterly convinced there is no Russian bias in regard to aviation.

3 Likes

4 air slots

1 Like

lol everyone makes fun of me for that!

check this one then, realistic? no…not at all, but it looks cool lol

2 Likes

I am more into realistic ones but I would definitely use this all day. I hope that would be a eSports skin.

I am DL it now.

1 Like

Gaijin believes in American copium doctrine

1 Like

I wish someone had made this one that I saw in DCS, it looks amazing

from this video

2 Likes

Sb ec moments

1 Like

Awesome skin

1 Like

You don’t need 4 aircraft , 2 is enough. SMT and SU-27, or SU-27 and SU-39 if you want some cas

1 Like

This is legendary one

3 Likes

Is it better to hold R27s on the rails on the intakes or dropped from the center of the belly?

What is more feasible aerodynamically? Or none of that is modeled and matters?

This jet is a little annoying to fly after coming back from the Gripen. They need to do something at least about the rip if nothing will be done about its supermaneuvrability.

R-27 rail only for R-27T/ET, R-27R/ER only catapult launcher

1 Like

I think you interpret a bit much into the term “supermaneuverability”.

The Draken was the first plane to be able to perform a super stall iirc or at least the swedes did them regularly with them to test getting out of them.

There have been many planes that are “supermaneuverable” in a sense.

Aren’t most of the falling leaf airshow videos from Su’s with TVC?

1 Like

You are right. the Exhaust is catapult.

I feel that is best because the missile drops without sliding off the rail therefore tracking activates just a little tiny bit faster. That is just my theory.

Not that I interpret incorrect. I just know the term and studied in depth about it.

Its more capable than modelled in game. GJ knows this and why the Flanker performed it flawlessly on the Dev server. They obviously feel it was too potent and reduced the speed at which players can reach “dynamic attainment” AKA supermaneuvrability.

The Draken is not supermaneuverable. It must Super Stall aka Deep Stall to cobra.

Supermaneuvrability is the capability of fighter aircraft to execute tactical maneuvers that are not possible with purely aerodynamic techniques. Such maneuvers can involve controlled side-slipping or angles of attack beyond maximum lift.

The Su27 and Mig29 do not need to stall when conducting maneuvers such as Pugachev’s Cobra. That is where the tactical advantage comes in.

I have the study of high maneuverability of the Flanker if interested. Maybe you can spot things I cannot or I did in fact misinterpret always open to correction.