Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

yeah so did some testing STR is better overall but air rb mouse aim turnrate is overall worse so the plane is better in sim now but worse in air rb and ab

I don’t know if it’s just me… yesterday I spent half the day doing duels using full reall controls and the su27 was great tbh, but today I feel that the su27 is slower, it seems heavier and doesn’t pull like it was yesterday, it seems like its agility has dropped, I even had to increase my sensitivity of the controls (roll rate, pitch up) and even with the sensitivity at 100% it doesn’t feel the same as yesterday, idk, kinda weird

with mouse aim it seems ok, to be honest I’m actually happy that the plane doesn’t make a cobra out of nowhere just because i touched the rudders xD

Gaijin nerfed a Russian plane FM , despite reports saying it was underperforming

Meanwhile F-15 keeps getting buff after buff

SMT/MIG-29s can’t even dogfight a F-16 because of how UFO like F-16 is for 4 months now despite reports on F-16 being acknowledged

Surprised?

5 Likes

It was nerfed to coincide with the manual.

This is an actual issue

2 Likes

yeah but draco said it was better in sim controlls, it definitely isn’t, at least in maneuverability at low speeds, the plane feels like it’s falling from the sky, idk, compared to yesterday it doesnt feel better

Can’t wait to play my SU-27 for months while it remains artificially nerfed by gaijin.

Gaijins point of view: Americans pay most

What do we do! New American top tier jets with F-5C players in them have low winrate , dis no gud

A: Nerf Russian Competition
B: Unrealistically buff American jets to be UFOs

This time they chose A

1 Like

I don’t see any way it is artificially nerfed by Gaijin. It performs according to the charts in the manual…
You’re aware the US players say the same thing but claim Gaijin is biased towards Russia?

Sometimes the truth is somewhere in the middle… sometimes the boy who cried wolf is doing just that.

4 Likes

American players were crying about SMT being OP before this patch, in their underperforming F-16Cs

1 Like

Russian players are crying about the F-15 being OP in their underperforming Su-27’s

I have not once died to F-15 yet, only F-16s that kept turning forever and my R-73s missed.

Also to Su-27s

No matter how much they buff it their players are usually utter trash

but what about the maneuverability which now seems worse? Yesterday I was able to do the cobra maneuver at 700km/h and the nose of the plane reached more than 120 degrees, making me fly almost backwards. Today I can see that the nose doesn’t go up like it was yesterday, low speed handling also doesnt look great like it was

Would you like to

That’s not even remotely realistic to Cobra 120 degrees from 700km/h lol… not rapidly anyway.

so it was overperforming? cause it could do that, it wasnt ofc rapidly but it could

What is the ideal speed to do the cobra maneuver?

200-300 knots or so

thats about 500km/h more or less, nose only goes up 100 degrees, it shouldnt be like 120 or more?
at 200knots or 370km/h the nose reach 90

I tend to Cobra around 250kt and get the full thing. The only problems I have with the flanker is the speed bleed, but that’s perfectly manageable, and the ‘floppiness’ at wicked low speed. Other than that it’s perfectly fine and capable imo

No, Cobra is ~90… for higher you’d need TVC or lower speed initial start with high moment of inertia…
Remember, lower the speed means static margin requires most negative trim to maintain nose attitude / pitching moment… so positive trim (elevators pitch down) causes nose to rise more rapidly.

that looks like way more than 100 degree without tvc for a su27, my point is not really about the cobra maneuver but more about how much AoA it can pull, yesterday it looks like i could pull more than today, thats it, no idea if it was overperforming or not, but now it doesnt look good.

1 Like

For me Su-27 after today patch is more pleasant to fly. Need less input at all speed range. It’s more steady and more easy to fly without damping.

1 Like