Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Updated my bug report about R-73, sharing it here since it is the main armament of the SU-27

R-73 autopilot and Thrust vectoring broken // Gaijin.net // Issues

Can share it in my R-73 thread also

sure

Nerfed

Spoiler

Still waiting correct radar…

1 Like

Lol , why did they take the route of nerfing Su-27?

Also , why does the radar have problems picking up easy head-on look up targets in HMS ACM?

The F-15 radar does not have this issue

6 Likes

I think they do that in an attempt to compensate in some way the lack of bvr from their western counterparts (could explain the fact that the f-16 is overperforming to this day), that said, i tested the flanker and i’d say it’s slightly… Better? Idk how exactly it performed before because i just recently bought the vehicle so i don’t remember correctly, could just be my mind trying to trick me, can you test the vehicle to see if i’m crazy or not?

it feels kinda same for me, or even slightly better.

1 Like

I have no clue how different it feels, since i do not dogfight in my SU-27 anymore, i use it as a missile bus, firing missiles from 10-15 KM then running away from the hotzone

2 Likes

that’s the smartest way to play air rb tbh lmao

did flanker get changed today? feels like it handles better

2 Likes

yeah

The automatic flaps are deflecting too much and cannot be toggled off:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CiCSjnhXpVZm

2 Likes

gaijin seems far from wanting to fix the flanker, I imagine that like the mig 29 it will take a long time…

2 Likes

It’s very competitive tho, i’m absolute slaughtering with this beast because of its 10 missiles payload, although i almost lost to a flogger in a dogfight but it had more to do with a combination of skill issue and stock plane lmao

it certainly rolls better

As you described, automatic flaps are used to increase the curvature of the wing profile and increase lift to speeds of IAS=860km/h

To transfer them to the take-off and landing position, there is a button in the cockpit. The flaps are released and retracted.Then the flaperons are deflected down by 18 degrees

I don’t doubt after Su-27S it’s new Flanker with 6x R-77 at 12.7 BR at rank 8 but not sure gaijin could add Su-27SM or Su-30 basic (Su-27PU)

yeah while wing efficiency was buffed they also increased stability by changing the Center of gravity so it pulls 1 degree less AoA in instructor which resulted in less turnrate overall though usually by only around half a degree per second I’ve noticed for air rb mouse aim instant turn. Sustained should be a little better now however except at higher speeds

Su-30(Su-27PU)- It’s a very beautiful plane…but this is a Long-range interceptor and cannot use the P-77…Therefore, the minimum is Su- 27CM…