Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

You completely missed the point.

However, the Su27 is regarded as one of the most aerodynamically perfected designs, EVER. By USAF and Pentagon analyst.

So, the “super high end” aerodynamics statement falls flat I am afraid.

Additionally, the Flanker is equipped with FBW as well.

2 Likes

What exactly you feel that is missing or incorrect in the FM and how would it improve the SU-27 gameplay?

1 Like

Read the comments, bro. I do not understand how clearer I need to be.

this is what he said

1 Like

Gaijin really does hate USSR aircraft lol, they don’t wanna give the flight performance

1 Like

By how much? How would it change the gameplay?

This ability allowed us to drastically reduce airspeed and maintain control of the aircraft with just enough airspeed to remain in the dogfight. High alpha reversals etc. Not fall from the sky as it does now.

It also allows us to drastically reduce closure rate and notch incoming radar guided missiles (Russian Doctrine).

We can no longer do any of that, thus further reducing our survivability.

2 Likes

There is no code in real life to type in Oswald efficiency , we are not living in matrix. So you calculate it by mathematics. So experimental is as real data as it can be. There is no code to datamine in real life

And in the papers I found from what I understood they calculate for the Su-27 that it should be 0.71-0.75. Gaijin can make it 0.71, doesn’t have to be 0.75, ideally they would make it 0.73.

3 Likes

İncreasing the Oswald efficiency would literally fix this from what I understand it does , turn better with less loss of speed.

Yet they buffed the F-15 Oswald efficiency by like %100 from dev server start to now , and nerfed SU-27 Oswald factor by ≈%30 down to 0.45

Lmao

1 Like

Okay, so the SU-27 is bleeding too much velocity on turns, thats it? Seems easy to fix.

The fix is Oswald efficiency, I think.

The higher your OE is , you turn better with less energy bleed.

And 3 papers I found online , the only ones to ever talk about Oswald efficiency of Su-27, all come to the conclusion that it should have 0.71-0.75 Oswald efficiency/factor whatever it is called , not 0.45 like gaijin did.

Funny thing is it was 0.61 in dev server. So gaijin was actually close

3 Likes

did you guys reported this? scrolled through a bit but couldn’t find any bugreport link for OE number

1 Like

İ will report this tomorrow , I am trying to get more data/evidence from people who might have data about this to report it.

İf I can’t find anymore data/sources I will report with what I have and pray to god gaijin listens.

Look , even other people are saying the same as me , with same papers.

@BBCRF also said it should be 0.75, currently I am asking him for source on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/s/84xzvqqSp5

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/s/WuBYdcabzo

3 Likes

I’m not seeing documents or direct in-game comparisons. Not sure if the Oswald efficiency should line up 1:1 with the flapless wings’ Oswald coefficient in-game either. This doesn’t show us that it is underperforming.

What they need to look for is a specific excess energy chart of some sort and make comparisons based on that.

So far, they’ve not. There’s no substance here usable for a report in the way of testing.

Does any chart in the world exist that tells how much speed you exactly lose when you pull stick completely at 600-700-800-900 KMH in su-27?

There are charts for instantaneous turn rate, but that is not what I am talking about. We are looking for western style EM charts or diagrams showing the energy loss rate based on altitude gain / loss during sustained turns.

I dont think you can get exactly that, never saw anything similar in russian manuals, they do have a LOT of info and charts about flight performance but you often need to calculate out exactly what is often depicted on western EM charts.

Good luck, especially for vehicles after Su-27, finding any data for Russian stuff.

Look at DCS , they can’t even add anything newer than Su-27-Mig-29 for RU , they are not even allowed to make / can’t make full fidelity Su-27 for reasons.

It’s there, just a different format. I could take a look later, but I am preoccupied with other projects.

I have had no such issues finding documentation for Russian stuff as I have Western stuff. Try finding thrust charts for the F100-PW-100. They don’t exist on the public internet.

2 Likes

I meant stuff newer than Su-27