Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

footage was at 1000m though

no idea, i got them from google lol

oh, right
If I understand correctly what the dev said, they used as basis the two graphs I posted and they think it is clean at 18920kg

its strange because both are pretty clear about having the same load of missiles

Without damping it’s full uncontrollable.
And funny moment

If you carefully compare the 3000m or 5000m curve you can see that they culminates at different Ny. It’s strange that the Su27S curve is a bit lower than the SK curve.

Well, got a question, everyone I’ve seen talking about thr 27 either say it’s overperforming or underperforming, no in between.
Thing seems fine to me other than some lacking maneuverability at lower speeds but other than that it’s pretty good.
But yeah which one is it and why

Both, and in between.

For example, the F-15 was underperforming at low speed, overperforming in medium speeds, and underperforming again near mach +… this was all adjusted and corrected. Could be that similar stuff is going on with the Su-27. It’s not a simple black and white “overperforming or underperforming”… it’s just not performing correctly in general.

This raises hairs but we don’t bug report these aircraft for balance reasons or to buff / nerf them. We just report inaccuracies / discrepancies.

1 Like

talisman on SMT is decent i grind out Su-27 in one day with SMT talisman

3 Likes

Ah so just the usual stuff that happens because gaijin doesn’t seem to be bothered to keep dev servers open for very long anymore. Fair enough, hope to see these aircraft fixed. Looks like I’ll have some reading to do with the amount of stuff that’s been sent in here

1 Like

did they fix the f15 overperforming STR?

lol

I would like to ask a simple question and that is how to use radar properly with the Su-27. I mostly use the SRC PD HDN. For IR missiles its fine but for radar missiles its as bad as MiG-29. The ACM mode takes forever to lock a target.

For a comparison with The MiG-23MLD its much easier to lock targets with ACM I wish one day the Su-27 radar will work the same :(

Lock them in IRST and then switch to radar mid-lock, holds lock much better than trying to acquire them with the TWS modes or HMS ACM.

We will only be able to test when it comes to live, changes are visible in datamine already.

1 Like

I finally finished researching the su27, but since I hadn’t bought the two su17s before the su27…I’m broke now lmao

3 Likes

Controllable yes, I don’t have an issue flying in manual forever. But it requires more input than any other vehicle.

I hate using trim , I counteract the planes natural pull manually with stick and in su-27 if you let go of the stick you will draw circles very fast lol

has smin replied yet? i think they are actively avoiding an explanation on purpose for why J-11 gets more thrust despite being the same engines and plane, since they know it is wrong but they do not want to change it. Fantasy stuff as always

1 Like

R27s have blown up on the rail a couple times on me when I launch them. They won’t kill me but just blow up.

Anyone experience this?

I have a problem, where in a situation in which the Mig-21 radar would be good enough to maintain lock , the Su-27 radar loses lock at high altitude close range targets lol (4-5-6 km, not running away from me , just hanging in air going slowly)

1 Like