Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Weelp, guess we can get back to talking about the somehow supercruising Su-27 then. Anyone got anything saying this is accurate, cuz im pretty sure its not.

Fair enough, will do.

2 Likes

The delta wing suffers from airflow separation at lower AoA than conventional style wings - causing excess induced drag in turns. Has nothing to do with length of the plane or low thrust.

3 Likes

Mirage 2000 has a single engine

Any idea if later flankers got more flares compared to the ones we have in game?

1 Like

Drag hasn’t been implemented to the Chinese tree it seems. Their missiles the same

17-18% lighter than earlier models with a 90’s designed wing and flight control system. The aerodynamics were greatly improved.

Yes it likely overperforms but as you said - no data

1 Like

M2K is extra weird tbh, especially at high speed and roll is pretty agit which it’s not supposed to be.

you mean like irl? thrust vectoring high AOA maneuvers nuke your energy state.

Even the F-22 is vulnerable to this as shown in numerous air show demonstrations.

1 Like

Yeah, I know it costs a lot of energy. I was exaggerating. I was picturing something like the coyote from the road runner cartoon dropping straight down after running past a cliff’s edge.

R-73 isn’t a “win dogfight” button in the 27 or 29, because you literally cannot keep a F-15/16/Gripen UFO in your gimbal limit of the missile if they have more than one brain cell. After a few seconds, you will be going 400kmh with them right behind you. Even if the R73 was completely 100% unflarable you have 0% chance to win after the merge, because of the flight model

8 Likes

Another bug report.
This time about airborne radars failing to update the track file for a spotted target. Seems to be happening much more with radars that scan slow (mostly Soviet).

It could also be an overall issue with bar spacing being too high (bars usually spaced so that there noticeable overlap in the scanning beam, if there little/none, targets might go unnoticed when they are in between bars)

7 Likes

And another one about contrails not rendering if you don’t have your radar on.
Aaand, the last one for now, about radar getting stuck in acquisition/locking.

9 Likes

It’s not, but it gives you a fighting chance despite the FM weaknesses of the 27 and 29.

3 Likes

That shit is so annoying when it happens lol, thank you for reporting it

3 Likes

Thanks for these @Grimtax I’ve been annoyed by everyone of these haha. All forwarded.

6 Likes

Thank you. Is it ok if I get some more footage of these bugs and send them to you? The videos I provided are pretty short, so I just wanted the demonstration to be easier to understand (especially the bug with TWS missing targets).

3 Likes

Ofcourse, shoot me a DM.

Could you check this one too please? It was made more than 10 days ago and there has been no response yet…it is also related to the su27

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pMIS9A3vdNzU

10 Likes

SU-27UBK with PL-12