Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Su-35S HUD

R-37M

Kh-31PM

The Kh-31PM is a Russian HARM that can be launched from a distance of 300 km

4 Likes

My recommendation to everyone who got sick of waiting for fixes to SU-27/MIG-29:

Do what i did.

ABANDON USSR AIRCRAFT.

Because every new RUSSIAN aircraft will be a variation of SU-27/MIG-29

Which means: They will have GARBAGE flight models. Just slight alterations to already garbage flight models of SU-27 and MIG-29, with a little better engines.

Literally bottom of the trash can.

And i REFUSE to play overpowered and %90 copy paste, broken UFOs that are western aircraft.

Mirage 2000 that never loses speed, and has a rocket engine, despite being a delta wing.

Gripen and F-16 that can win any dogfight literally by pressing W.

Everybody gets F-16, F-15 and western aircraft will become even more copy paste in the future with stuff like F-18 and Eurofighter

So, i will only play CHINESE AIRCRAFT now, and abandon USSR.

I recommend you all switch to China as well, as they may get J-10 and JF-17 soon.

WITH ACTUAL WORKING FLIGHT MODELS.

And USSR will keep being useless, trash tier punching bag for all the glorious holy western aircraft to gain XP from by killing easily.

USSR Air tree has NO FUTURE

15 Likes

I stopped playing top tier in general, too many inaccuracies.

5 Likes

Personally I swapped to USA for events like this where my time is on the line and I can’t afford to pull my punches. Later I might finish grinding german top tier for eurofighter. I’m almost done grinding the F-15s. I’ve got the spamraam harrier now and I honestly think that this harrier at 13.0 is more powerful than my 27SM at 13.7 despite this radar not having a datalink and the plane lacking an HMD. More powerful in a vacuum mind you. The scale tips further in the harrier’s favor since I’m allowed to seal club phantoms for some reason. SPAMRAAMS are busted.

2 Likes

That’s what I did long time ago lol

In general, top tier for me was always boring, I liked doing duels and training more than playing air RB, once they nerfed mig29 to the ground I stopped everything.
I was hoping that the su27 would be better, but it continued to be the same horrible thing, so I gave up

5 Likes

Pretty much what I’ve already done. I kept trying to play them seeing how redfor teams are lacking players but it’s just pain if you find non braindead nato opponents. I’d play france or britain if I had the respective top tiers unlocked

2 Likes

I think it’s mostly an issue of BRs at this point. I applaud everyone who is knowledgeable enough to cite discrepancies in flight or avionics performance, but I have doubts regarding whether or not a “correct” flanker would be an equal to the F-15. The BR system exists so that matchmaking can be kept fair by placing superior vehicles at higher BRs. I think it is painfully obvious that there is no contest between the current implementations of the Su-27SM or the F-15C, so the question is raised regarding why they have the same BR?

I don’t think the flankers should go down. I don’t think phantoms, except maybe the ICE, should fight flankers. But logically things like the F-15C should be going up since the playing field is anything but level right now. I don’t even think this is purely a russia vs america thing either. It feels like basically everything with american avionics and AMRAAMs are just wiping the floor with everyone elses’ top tier Fox-3 planes. The R-77’s excessive drag sticks out like a sore thumb, but I don’t think any of the other fox-3s compete on a level playing field with the amraam.

1 Like

Japanese one is pretty good

What a surprise

its another F-15

What gives you the impression the Chinese flight models will work any better than the other flight models we have in the game?

İt’s just hope.

It doesn’t need to work “better than the flight models in the game”

Just needs to be good as Gripen/Mirage-2000/F15/F16

4 Likes

J-7E, JH-7A doesn’t exist

Because it looks like a Gripen+F-16

J-10

It looks like IAI Lavi

1 Like

This is plane is developed from IAI Lavi.

Has nothing to do with Gripen.

2 Likes

So is there any hope of unbricking this thing? Awful plane to fly regardless of armament

2 Likes

we have this bug report made by @Giovanex05

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/pMIS9A3vdNzU

4 Likes

Dead report, 10 days and no answer from devs

Gaijin doesn’t care

5 Likes

It’s funny that this report: Community Bug Reporting System
was quickly verified, while the one from su27 it’s still there without any response

I’m telling you.

Gaijin, does not want a good Su-27. They literally couldn’t care less.

Americans dominating and buying F-4S phantom packs is good

F-15 report? İmmediately checked

Su-27: what’s that brother? Never heard of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/s/vWAqNjST5b

2 Likes

True and false at the same time, but it goes off topic :P