Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

If i was aware i wouldnt even made that comment.

Like it or not not all of us aware of everything or follows everything that is going on in every thread.

Anyway since misunderstanding has been cleared there is no issue left.

There is a fairly detailed yet digestible PDF Falcon BMS devs have written up about the F-16s stability when modeling its FM. A pretty fun read.

1 Like

Very cool paper indeed… you wont believe it but the first chart about pitch momentum and AoA is the same used on the flight mechanics in the chapter about relaxed stability of the book i used to learn aircraft dynamics lol.
F-16 definitely paved the way there.

1 Like

Please try to do a cobra maneuver at 110-120 degrees, you won’t be able to do it at any speed

The Mirage 2000C4 bleeds lots of energy, it may have had very low fuel to allow that.

At low speed it bleeds a lot of energy, above 700kph, it has amazing energy retention, it’s quite stupid how much energy retention it has at those speed…

1 Like

Gaijin is too scared to acknowledge the bug report it seems like

3 Likes

They must be thinking “mhmmm what minimal mistake in his report we can exploit to justify putting it into the trash can?”

3 Likes

I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting, but I found a cool video of a Russian pilot dealing with the FCS failure on the su35

1 Like

I have tested it with 3340 liters of RT fuel, 2xR-73, 2xR-27. 3340 liters, because 6680 liters is the normal combat load of the Su-27.

These lines are the tests I conducted at 1000, 5000 and 8000 m of altitude, in a straight line with 0 m/s climb or descent, flat turning with 0 m/s acceleration, with a 0.015~ m/s(squared) margin of error.

False equivalence fallacy, and no they shouldn’t.
The reason why War Thunder doesn’t have G-limits currently is because it negatively impacts lift.
My bug report regarding F-16 takeoff speed will re-open if they re-introduce the AOA limit.

It was ruining the flight model and making it a brick, while making it impossible to takeoff with.

That and F-16 doesn’t have an AOA limit IRL, it has a G limit.

It has both.

4 Likes

He’s claiming that F-22 RCS is something like “0.00000001” this, just add another null to make it even trustworthy

2 Likes

That guy is the stereotype of a US main lol

3 Likes

Beautiful HUD. I saw this video a long time ago, it looks interesting

1 Like

It does have an AoA limit. It limits control inputs based on it (especially roll and pitch). This is to prevent sudden lateral or pitch departure in high G or high AoA conditions.

For example, at 20 degrees AoA it is limited to 7G and roll rate is almost 1/3 the maximum command-able.
Instead we see in-game that at 20 degrees AoA the roll rate is still far too high and pitch rate is not limited remotely. From this condition you can even force the aircraft into a cartwheel mid-air with AoA excursions beyond 90 degrees and recover it within a quarter of a turn. Absurd UFO physics.

Other aircraft should not be able to do this safely either, but the F-16 shouldn’t be able to recover from it at all.

8 Likes

That’s not true. The F-16 was already one of the best dueling aircraft in the game, even with the G-limiter at launch, and that was historically accurate. The plane would compress a lot at high speeds, but that was nothing new… it was meant to be like that. But the non-historical buffs only seem to apply to American planes—that’s the real truth

6 Likes

The takeoff speed of an F-16 with the “G-limiter” was 420kph MINIMUM.
It’s supposed to be what it is now.
It needed to be removed for that issue alone.

They’re re-working G-limiters but time will tell how long it takes them.

F-16 has an AoA limiter, as far as I remember, the maximum AoA value of F-16 can reach 25.5 degrees

Fair.
I poorly typed that statement as well so the meaning I wanted to portray was lost.