Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Theres working joke of constant oswald number

are we sure thought the Su27SK is 600kg heavier than the base Su-27? Because in this report devs claim 20200kg weight should be used (aka Su27 weight = Su27SK weight).

Asking because if that is the case I would need to do the test again with 150kg less, it would still be underperforming since difference of 150kg is minimal but it could be the difference between an accepted or rejected report

Just read that message

translated

Specifically, right now I myself found the original document to which that study refers and asked the developer. The answer is something like this (not a verbatim retelling, because all this was said as part of the dialogue): “The Oswald coefficient constants for aircraft with a design like the Su-27 are not applicable. There this coefficient is nonlinear for different speeds. The constants are applicable when the aircraft has a straight, high aspect ratio wing.” “The aircraft parameters are configured according to the curve, rate of climb, speed, and acceleration graphs. Everything is coming together well now. Oswald’s changes will cause a discrepancy with any schedule” “There are no non-linear coefficients in the game yet (technical limitation), but this will not make the plane any better, rather even worse”

And about drag this

Spoiler

The graph of the angle versus speed should show whether the plane can make a steady turn at a given speed; if the angle is greater, then the plane will lose speed. If you are unable to repeat the established turn at a certain angle and speed due to the braking of the plane, then this is bug

We still need to check it out.And at an altitude of 5 km too

Weight for all tests is 20000kg with 2 R-27, 2 R-73

They’re not changing the entire missile and atmospheric drag model to accommodate the R-77.

Dev said 20200kg

With 20200kg it is averaging 3.9G instead of 4.5G if speed is TAS (average TAS speed was ~485kph), or still 3.9G instead of 4.2 if speed in chart is IAS (460kph average speed)

6 Likes

Gio our hero

6 Likes

Doesn’t it mean IAS?

If it’s IAS then the su-27 is underperforming considerably, but if it’s TAS then boooy, they added a different aircraft to the game…

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, it’s IAS. I double-checked the Mach number
But we still need to check for 5km by the number of Mach
Even if it’s an instrument speed.It still doesn’t add up. But it is better to measure in the Mach number
@Giovanex05 this IAS

3 Likes

Yeah, makes sense, 0.6-0.7G underperformance at such low speed would have been absolutely massive lol

5 Likes

Try to test not only at full ab, but also at max power.

I only have this chart right now, can someone give me the full manual?

Hence why I uninstalled the game for the foreseeable future

Russian f22

Checked again to be sure, but at 5000m it matches the chart very well, within margin of error.
This probably means that drag is too high while thrust at high altitude is too high

will look into it

The one you asked: SU-27SK Aircraft Flight Operations Manual (Book 1) : Russian Military : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

This one is a comparison of the 27 to F-15, F-16, and Tornado. It has some graphs at the end from tge normal Su-27 manual. The mass is not directly given, but the wing loading is at 305 kg/m^2. For this particular manual, speeds are it TAS, unless otherwise specified.

3 Likes

@Giovanex05, added another manual.

3 Likes