Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Yeah I am kinda pissed.

They modelled the Su27 Dynamic attainment aka “Supermaneuvrability” of 60-90 degree+ alpha perfectly on the dev server.

It was at the legitimate speeds 900km+ (559mph) Supermaneuvrability/dynamic attainment takes place specifically at “high subsonic” speeds.

They completely gutted it and now you must be at around 700km (434 mph) or lower. So, the second you pull those angles of attack you are immediately in a deep stall which completely defeating what supermaneuvrability is and any tactical advantage it had.

Gonna run test and record.

3 Likes

Gotta deal with this shit on top as well

Aside from being team killed I’ve had no issues winning any of my fights in the SMT. Perfectly capable of fighting anything in the game… just how you fight them that changes depending on what it is.

My best guess for this is that it is an artificial nerf for the time being, until top BRs get expanded, we get more 4th gens for everyone etc. Clearly, if they modelled it properly on dev and then chose to change it, there must be reason

1 Like

I will never touch that abomination again , thank god we have su-27 now. May the SMT Rot and be forgotten forever, for all the suffering it caused to it’s players

Make bug report about it , I want to hear gaijins artificial useless answer

I think I may. Do you know who has the Su27 flight manuals?

Not me , that’s for sure.

@MiG_23M @BBCRF any ideas?

oh I forgot @BBCRF has them.

That’s a lot for a plane that performs almost identical to earlier MiG-29s but has the option to carry more fuel…

About what?

For?

I don’t know if it is true or not , but what is being said is that the SU-27 could pull high AOA at high speeds in dev server , but now can only do so at low speeds. I do not have much knowledge so I can’t comment any further

Apart from the fact that I have crooked hands, here is a graph at different heights.
13 min fuel + 2хР-73
The values ​​should be slightly better than on Soviet charts

Spoiler

left side - grad/s
bottom - velosity

It looks like Su-27 is set up + - correct, except for the radar

Su-27 can’t cobra at high speeds, aircraft should have increased stability margin as speed increases. I’ll test the plane when I am home tonight and share some results.

Higher alpha at higher speeds to be exact. It is limited more than it was on dev.

The jet is capable of pulling its historical alpha. It is the speeds at which those angles of attack are allowed are changed.

Spoiler

2 Likes

Half of my deaths today were teamkills. Most games went surprisingly well today but getting kills was hard compared to other aircraft. By the time i got in position the enemy team was already dead.

my R-27ERs on SU-27 target friendlies despite having a lock on an enemy %50 of the time after this patch lol

Never died to a radar missile surprisingly. Most of them were from American planes and chinese players

You can do the Kvochur bell extremely well dev. Slightly sloppier now on live with less control, but it can be done.

The issue is that the the jet locks up due to the instructor at the peak of the maneuver. Not as smooth as it was on the Dev.

Very fun to do, especially if you can get an R73 shot at someone.

1 Like

Bollywood is at it again! Hella extra over the top. I am soo down to watch this.